Viofo A229 Pro (unboxing & first impressions) (Novatek NT96529, Sony IMX678/IMX675/IMX307, HDR³, GPS⁴, 5Ghz WiFi, 4k front + 2k rear + 1080p cabin)

I generally try not to beta new firmware releases ;) , but I had to give this one a try to see about the new text colours. The SNV is this a hard-coded feature or something you turn on? I did not notice it when using the dash cam LCD screen.
You turn it on in the dashcam settings, it's not in the app but on the dashcam itself in the menu

I have not had any of the reported file bugs, so I have wondered if there are hardware changes between production runs or just 'skippy' hardware for the odd camera.
Bug might be present for some users but not all, like you say. All helps though.

Quick screen grab of the stamp colour option added in the latest V1.3.1 firmware for the A229 Pro.

Options are white, yellow, cyan and golden.

IMG_20241026_053510.jpg

Fingers crossed it fixes the bugs for you mate

It didn't, lol...

I think I have a spare GPS module somewhere which if I can find it I will try.

I noticed on a night test with the FW my windscreen needs a good clean - even when it looked clear to me, the camera still appeared a bit misty...

It didn't, lol...

I think I have a spare GPS module somewhere which if I can find it I will try.

I noticed on a night test with the FW my windscreen needs a good clean - even when it looked clear to me, the camera still appeared a bit misty...
Potentially smudged lens on the camera? Though guessing you would have already checked that.

Well hopefully some day somewhere the bugs are fixed ..

Back