Viofo Aliexpress?

Nizzle127

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone ever used the Aliexpress Viofo page? I was looking to purchase in the UK and noticed the Viofo Uk website is a reseller. Looking through the .com website it states 'where to buy', with their worldwide shop being Aliexpress. The prices on the Chinese store are way cheaper than the UK or American counterparts, so is it safe to buy from there?

I know most orders even via the UK/American outlets come from China so is there much difference besides price? I can see they have similar warrantees on all websites but I don't know how hard it is to return via Aliexpress?

Thanks!

Viofo DVRs are the same everywhere. No fakes have been encountered so far. So buy where it's best for you.
After the warranty expires, if there is a problem with the DVR, you will in any case have to contact viofo.com.
When you register Viofo products on viofo.com, you receive an additional 6 months of warranty.

Note that Aliexpress prices will be without tax, while viofo.com and viofo uk will include tax.
Aliexpress will add VAT at the checkout for orders under the relevant limit (£139), above that it is your responsibility to pay VAT and import taxes.

I've not used Aliexpress for Viofo purchases, but for other things have never had an issue.
Consider the Viofo store on Amazon.co.uk, since it is very easy for returns.
The Viofo.com store works fine, but is not so easy to return, I don't know about returns to Aliexpress.
Delivery tends to be fairly quick from all these places.

I purchased my A119 V3 from Aliexpress. No problems at all. Looks like I'd ordered on 17th May 2021, and it arrived at my local post office 1st June 2021. Pretty sure that was free shipping as well, so not too long.

Note that Aliexpress prices will be without tax, while viofo.com and viofo uk will include tax.
Aliexpress will add VAT at the checkout for orders under the relevant limit (£139), above that it is your responsibility to pay VAT and import taxes.
I wonder why...
For Europe, prices on Aliexpress include tax: "Preis inkl. MwSt."

I don't know how hard it is to return via Aliexpress?
Welcome to the club.
We just had this question in another thread a while back.
The biggest takeaway was the return policy.
Amazon = 30 Days
Viofo.com = 3 Days
AliExpress = Basically All Sales Final (it could take 6 months, and many hoops to jump through to get a refund).

Back