Viofo Bluetooth Remote Control - 2xA129 Pro Duo

Benji

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

It looks like the Viofo Bluetooth Remote Control only supports one "dashcam system" at a time. Does Viofo plan to develop in the future the ability for a single button to trigger two dashcam systems?

I'd like to use two A129 Pro Duos, front and rear, with the "rear" cams of each repurposed to side cams. I need the ability to trigger the A129 Pro that's in the rear of the car at the same time as the one in the front.

I believe it is possible to pair each remote to a different camera, but I have not tried it yet. @Nigel do you know if this is possible?

I'm planning to do the same with a pair of A139, so I'll be interested to hear if you get it working.

Note that the pairing is lost whenever you upgrade the firmware and/or reset the camera (I always reset whenever I upgrade the FW) so you may need to re-pair the remotes from time to time.

I believe it is possible to pair each remote to a different camera, but I have not tried it yet. @Nigel do you know if this is possible?
I only have 1 remote, so I can't test that, but I would expect it to work.

I imagine you would have to be fairly careful during the pairing process, turning one camera off, turning the other off and then on, and pairing the matching remote, then repeating with the other camera/remote. I don't remember anyone posting that they have done this successfully though!

Does Viofo plan to develop in the future the ability for a single button to trigger two dashcam systems?
They should have a plan, but nothing ever seems to get done on it. I suspect there are limitations in the OS/SDK, and it is not too easy. So don't hold your breath, but it is worth asking for things like this.

There was definitely another user that was trying to use 2 bluetooth buttons on here, not sure if they ever got it working. I'll see if I can track down the thread as this is something I am possibly interested in as well

I would imagine it would work just fine having two remotes for two dashcam systems. As mentioned just make sure one dashcam system off while pairing to one remote, then power it down and power up the other to pair with the other remote.

But one remote with two is apparently not possible and I'm guessing it more to do with the limitations of Bluetooth and its pairing/communication capabilities.

There's no hardwired way to trigger it is there? Say through the GPS mount or something? Maybe one of the pins can be pulled to ground or something to trigger the same action as the button, for example.

I would imagine it would work just fine having two remotes for two dashcam systems.
If it didn't, then you would have problems if you pulled up next to another person with the same system in their car!

There's no hardwired way to trigger it is there?
No, fairly certain that there is nothing like that, although you could hit them to trigger the g-sensors.

I would like to be able to pair one dashcam to another over Bluetooth, so that they trigger together, and also synchronise their clocks and GPS, then 1 remote would trigger both dashcams, but there seems no progress on achieving this.

I would like to be able to pair one dashcam to another over Bluetooth, so that they trigger together, and also synchronise their clocks and GPS, then 1 remote would trigger both dashcams, but there seems no progress on achieving this.

That would also work.

Back