Viofo GPS module authenticity

Well after several weeks of more use I've come to find that this module will not work correctly mounted to the inside of the windshield. At best it is spotty, the link-ups have taken up to twenty minutes. It also has lost and reacquired the GPS signal continuously throughout an entire trip.

Well after several weeks of more use I've come to find that this module will not work correctly mounted to the inside of the windshield. At best it is spotty, the link-ups have taken up to twenty minutes. It also has lost and reacquired the GPS signal continuously throughout an entire trip.

how long is the cable on the GPS?

Not sure exactly never measured it, maybe three or four feet. It's still coiled while it runs from the camera to the spot on the other side of the windshield. These modules don't have the best components inside them seems like. Cellphones and radar detectors I own all connect upside down - right side up. Wasn't expensive so it is what it is.

I have a feeling you have it mounted upside down, the antenna is directional and it will struggle to get signal like that

Already confirmed that. It's against the inside of the window. Still, this is the only GPS related device I own that can't work correctly but one direction. Again, it is what it is. I'm not overly disappointed. I just won't be adhering it to the dash.

Already confirmed that. It's against the inside of the window. Still, this is the only GPS related device I own that can't work correctly but one direction. Again, it is what it is. I'm not overly disappointed. I just won't be adhering it to the dash.

you can open it up and flip the internals so that you can still mount it to the window and the antenna is oriented in the correct direction, how it works has no relation to how your other GPS devices work as the antenna type is different

Back