Viofo iOS App won't show Live View or stream clips from A129 Pro Duo on iOS 16

TorqueDog

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Pro Duo
Hey all,

Just a heads up for any iOS update early adopters: iOS 16 to this point appears to break the Viofo app, and I haven't found any means of getting it to work.

I have an A129 Pro Duo installed in my vehicle and I'm running an iPhone 11 Pro. I've found that the Viofo iOS app running under iOS 16 (the latest dev. beta, yes) will no longer show the Live View nor stream clips straight from the device. I have confirmed this isn't an issue with my A129 as the Android app on my Galaxy S10e (Android 12 May 2022 update) works just fine.

Update - since posting, I've reached out to Viofo and they advised blocking the Viofo app's access to cellular data in Settings > Cellular. Once I did this, the iOS app began to function normally. The fact that it was iOS 16 was a red herring but the installer used iOS 15 and I used iOS 16 -- it didn't occur to me they may already have made changes elsewhere to get the app to work.

So if you want to be an early adopter again, iOS 16 is a-okay for the Viofo app.

Thank you for posting this. I also was wondering why my Live Viewing was no longer working.

Back