Viofo please let me share content via your app

Chillers

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Quickly downloaded a video from my cam to mobile today to share with a friend. I was dumbfounded that I could only access the clip via Viofo app and was unable to share the content using the app. Viofo why add the feature to download if we can't do anything with it? Please add the ability to share content.

Reactions: Mtz
Android S9,

I am able to access the content going into the root folders but this should be such a basic feature to add. I mean viofo are missing a trick on free marketing here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mtz
Yes, @viofo should add a Share option.

enjoy,
Mtz

Your phones built in "Gallery" app should find it and put it in an album. Have you tried looking in there? Gallery scans your storqge automatically unless the is a .no_media file.

Your phones built in "Gallery" app should find it and put it in an album. Have you tried looking in there? Gallery scans your storqge automatically unless the is a .no_media file.

you can find the file with the file browser no problem, I think the point was it would be better to have that option from within the app rather than having to exit the app to do it

I can't find the file in gallery, i can however find the file if i look at the root folders of my phone.

What should be shared?

Photos, frame grabs, 10 second clips, front+rear stacked/mirror-view clips, VGA/720/1080/original resolution, high/medium/low compression level...

Maybe Viofo is sensible to leave this task to someone else's app; what you want is an app that does the job...

it's not a matter of what should be shared, the function is built into Android, the current setup means you need to exit the app to use it rather than having the same shortcut from within the app which would be way more convenient

What should be shared?

Photos, frame grabs, 10 second clips, front+rear stacked/mirror-view clips, VGA/720/1080/original resolution, high/medium/low compression level...

Maybe Viofo is sensible to leave this task to someone else's app; what you want is an app that does the job...

Anything that's in your media file in the app. A share button is pretty much the most basic feature of any app.

Say I've just had an accident and I download the footage onto my phone to send to insurance company via email or I want to share the footage on WhatsApp to my gf. I would have to exit the app, find the footage/picture in the root folders of the phone (not gallery) load a seperate app and then share opening up a 3rd app.

Anything that's in your media file in the app. A share button is pretty much the most basic feature of any app.

Say I've just had an accident and I download the footage onto my phone to send to insurance company via email or I want to share the footage on WhatsApp to my gf. I would have to exit the app, find the footage/picture in the root folders of the phone (not gallery) load a seperate app and then share opening up a 3rd app.
Isnt there a file size cap for whatsapp? I know email has a cap (gmail at least) and its quite small.

Isnt there a file size cap for whatsapp? I know email has a cap (gmail at least) and its quite small.

the share function in Android offers plenty of options and each have their limits, practical or otherwise, that wouldn't change whether the link to that function was from within the app or not

Recieved this from Viofo in regards to a review i left with the suggestion.

Thank you for your suggestion, due to the limitations of the Android system, when you connect the camera's wifi, the phone does not have Internet, and data traffic can not be used.We have been working on this issue, and will add share option later.

Seems fair enough, i wasn't too worried about not having no internet whilst downloading the footage, it was more about what I could do with the footage once i disconnected from the cam.

That’s weird, Chillers.

On iOS, when you tap download, it immediately asks if you want to save it to your own photo gallery or the app’s gallery. Wonder why they weren’t able to do that on Android..

Back