VIOFO T130 improvment wish list

Just tested my T130 in the car.
If you connect it with the supplied adapter through the cigarette lighter, the DVR does not go into parking mode.
If connected via HK3-С, then everything works fine.

Edit: Parking mode: Low bitrate recording.

Last edited:
@viofo, thanks for the clarification, but how do you actually get ACC signal in a USB cable, that signal is not native to USB, after all? In general, I'm with @Mtz here, the description of the parking mode for A139 and T130 suggests it should work like that and only be based on the acceleration/speed sensor inputs + it's the customary logic in other dashcams. One use case is what they describe, another one is what I'm trying to do - tabletop tests (or development).

EDIT after reading the latest post from @Karagandinez, which I initially missed: if the parking mode doesn't even work through the cigarette lighter, it means that not only the "usual" powerbanks @Mtz is trying to use won't work, but also the "specialized" ones like Cellink or Power Core, which is a kind of deal breaker here (and is certainly unexpected). I hope something can be done about that, can't it, @viofo team?

if the parking mode doesn't even work through the cigarette lighter, it means that not only the "usual" powerbanks @Mtz is trying to use won't work, but also the "specialized" ones like Cellink or Power Core, which is a kind of deal breaker here (and is certainly unexpected).
I did not have enough time to check all the parking modes. Perhaps you should set automatic event detection ...:unsure:

"specialized" ones like Cellink or Power Core
When you will use such devices you will use also the Viofo HK. That devices are containing also the ACC wire even they are charged only by the 2 wires from the car cigarette lighter power setup (+ and -). They know if the car is in Parking Mode or not based on the power from the cigarette lighter. When the car is parked that device will cut the ACC signal and the camera will enter in Parking Mode because of the HK.

When using a permanent cigarette lighter or a normal power bank you should wait 5 minutes for the camera to enter in Parking Mode after the car is parked. But again, it is very possible to need a special USB-C cable like was described here, or the Parking Mode to just not work in the Viofo firmware. If the prolbem is because of firmware @viofo should fix this problem because their cameras were advertised to work in Parking Mode also when the HK is not used.

Just tested my T130 in the car.
If you connect it with the supplied adapter through the cigarette lighter, the DVR does not go into parking mode.
If connected via HK3-С, then everything works fine.

Edit: Parking mode: Low bitrate recording.
EDIT after reading the latest post from @Karagandinez, which I initially missed: if the parking mode doesn't even work through the cigarette lighter, it means that not only the "usual" powerbanks @Mtz is trying to use won't work, but also the "specialized" ones like Cellink or Power Core, which is a kind of deal breaker here (and is certainly unexpected). I hope something can be done about that, can't it, @viofo team?

I haven't installed the very latest Viofo firmware for the T130 so this is based on the previous firmware release. Ver 0113

I have been using the T130 with the supplied cigarette lighter supply from Viofo.

My findings are that it does go into parking mode via the cigarette lighter unit.

I think it switches into parking mode when the GPS doesn't detect vehicle motion. This happens often when I am reading something while I have the engine running but I'm not moving.
I have also found that it won't always come out of parking mode even after the car has been moving for 5 minutes or more.
It is very obvious if you have the parking mode recording set to frame rates other than native. When you watch back the video your car is travelling really fast due to less frame recorded. Can be fun to watch.

option to limit for how long does camera beep when there is card missing
fix so that user can actually change ssid name

It must remain as unlimited the no card beeping. I am sure your request will be never implemented because your request is wrong.
If you don't want beeping turn off the camera, it's useless for you.

Hello

@viofo.19623
Would you please fix the slow WIFI streaming speed !! it's unacceptable to buy a 2022 model with a very slow streaming/download speed :sneaky:

Regards,

Normally if don't use the HK4, the camera will enter parking mode after 5 min no motion detected.

We will check other requests.

For WiFi disabled in parking mode, if no connections in 10mins, the WiFi will be turned off automatically.
Dear Viofo,

My use cases to have a parking mode enabled when a power bank is used, I will be using T130 during my holidays in a rental car. I can’t install a wired mode kit In a rental car.

Can the parking mode enabled manually?
(Perhaps it has been added in the latest firmware’s, I haven’t read all the posts yet)

Regards,
S

Hello

@viofo.19623
Would you please fix the slow WIFI streaming speed !! it's unacceptable to buy a 2022 model with a very slow streaming/download speed :sneaky:

Regards,
That's a problem with every dashcam. To increase wifi speeds means using higher-performance hardware which generates more heat and uses more power. Heat and inadequate power are two of the main failure points of dashcams and most including the T-130 are being pushed hard already. The other way to get faster wifi is to lower bitrate which means a lower resolution image. Some of the cams which do near-real-time cloud storage save only 720P images there, while those saved on the card are much better. Perhaps a newly-designed cam can be made to do better, but it's not going to happen with an existing cam.

Phil

When using a normal power bank the camera should enter in parking mode no matter the cable used.
Camera just needs power from power bank, no matter if the ACC wire is present or not because this parking mode is based on motion detection and/or GPS.

Previously parking mode based on power bank was working OK on all dashcams models. Now it's just not working.
The problem is with people who don't want to spend $400 on a "special" power bank because the car dealers don't let them connect a HK to the car fuse box because of warranty.
Keep in mind that most of these "special" power banks can't offer at least 24 hours of power for a 2K or 4K 2CH dashcam. Spending a lot of money for the setup for a feature which is working just few hours.

If a Viofo dahscam can enter in parking mode when using a power bank only if using a special cable, then this cable must be sold by Viofo. Or at least Viofo to sell cigarette chargers with detachable USB cable which can be used on a normal power bank to enable parking mode.
Can the T130 put into a parking mode by just using a power bank?

That actually silly, I want to bring the T130 to my road trip where I renting a car.

Then I have to trade in my T130 for something else. Do you have perhaps any recommendation which model or brand support such?

That actually silly, I want to bring the T130 to my road trip where I renting a car.

Then I have to trade in my T130 for something else. Do you have perhaps any recommendation which model or brand support such?
The T130 can go into parking mode without using the hardwire kit.
I'm not sure I understand what you are asking.
I haven't tried using a power bank but I would expect it would work.
I'm going out shortly so I'll give it a test and let you know.

@Sokolum @viofo @VIOFO-Support

The PowerBook worked flawlessly but the T130 would not save the settings for parking mode.
Same when plugged into the Viofo supplied cigarette voltage converter.

This meant I was unable to get parking mode working as it would not save the settings.

Firmware 1.2_0309

The T130 can go into parking mode without using the hardwire kit.
I'm not sure I understand what you are asking.
I haven't tried using a power bank but I would expect it would work.
Well, because of the reply by @Mtz, he said no.
I have a power bank and that works great.

Reason to have parking mode, for some power savings, storage savings and most of all the use of the capabilities in the menu of detecting motion and save them.

I want this option, parking mode, as i can’t add a hardwire option on a rental car.

@Sokolum
I managed to set the parking mode after I reset the dash cam so tomorrow my time I'll test it again.

@Karagandinez I'm not sure what you are saying.
The T130 parking mode definitely worked with the cigarette converter plugged in in the previous firmware releases.
I have an entire 1 hour drive in the parking folder! This happened because it never came out of parking mode.

I disabled parking mode because of this "glitch" in the firmware.

This time I was curious if the power bank would respond the differently.

I can't see why it should as there is only two wires in the Viofo converter unless it jumps those wires in the USB-C plug end for some reason. That's why I thought actually testing it was the best method.

I'm unable to complete the test today but will in the next couple of days.

I'm not sure what you are saying.
I wrote there: The parking mode on my copy of the T130, when connected from the HK3-C, works flawlessly.
Parking mode: Low bitrate recording.
But when connected with a standard cable-converter to the cigarette lighter with a constant power supply,
the T130 does NOT go into parking mode according to the GPS, as does A119v3.

Back