VIOFO T130 improvment wish list

@Karagandinez I'm not sure what you are saying.
The T130 parking mode definitely worked with the cigarette converter plugged in in the previous firmware releases.
I have an entire 1 hour drive in the parking folder! This happened because it never came out of parking mode.

I disabled parking mode because of this "glitch" in the firmware.

This time I was curious if the power bank would respond the differently.

I can't see why it should as there is only two wires in the Viofo converter unless it jumps those wires in the USB-C plug end for some reason. That's why I thought actually testing it was the best method.

I'm unable to complete the test today but will in the next couple of days.
My T130 is still not mounted in my car, i will do some testing. Sad that the VIOFO is so unclear in their communication. And thinking al that you bought the right stuff… pffffffff

My T130 is still not mounted in my car, i will do some testing. Sad that the VIOFO is so unclear in their communication. And thinking al that you bought the right stuff… pffffffff
Normally if don't use the HK4, the camera will enter parking mode after 5 min no motion detected.

They are clear as noted above.
I was just curious if it needed the Viofo cigarette converter or could it also be done via a power bank.

I'm sure it can but I wanted to prove it before saying it can.

Hello

@viofo.19623
Would you please fix the slow WIFI streaming speed !! it's unacceptable to buy a 2022 model with a very slow streaming/download speed :sneaky:

Regards,
The WiFi speed is optimized in the latest firmware.
Please download the new version from here.

The application, when connected to the dashcam, could immediately build a track on the map based on the results of the accumulated files in the dashcam, without the need to download all the . I think GPS data weighs much less than video files and is much easier to download. Sometimes you just need a track on the map, and finding the right video is much easier if you can select a track point, and the application will show the video files corresponding to this track point.

If you don't use the original car charger or hardwire kits, it will not enter the parking mode. Other USB type-c cables always have a signal on ACC PIN.
Having T130 dashcam for a first week…testing, trying settins and so on… Yes, after trying to activate Parking mode, I can confirm that it works only with the original cigarette socket car charger !!! Hoping that with an external HUGE CAPACITY power nank and connecting it through an adaptor (cig socket <~> USB C) it will work too. I think the original car charger plug (from original package) probably have built in a GPS sensor and so when car is not moving, sends the signal to camera and Parking mode is activated this way.
My previous attempts with connecting it with normal cable USB<~> USB it doesn’t work.

I think the original car charger plug (from original package) probably have built in a GPS sensor and so when car is not moving, sends the signal to camera and Parking mode is activated this way.
There is no GPS sensor in the plug. The GPS module of this model is built into the case.

Hoping that with an external HUGE CAPACITY power nank and connecting it through an adaptor (cig socket <~> USB C) it will work too.

The problem is, the External battery (power bank) must support simultaneously charging and “discharging” to power up the camera. For this moment I found only BlackVue Power Magic Ultra Battery, but is a bit expensive. Usual power banks are much cheaper, so must find something which support mentioned function.

If you don't use the original car charger or hardwire kits, it will not enter the parking mode. Other USB type-c cables always have a signal on ACC PIN.
Or at least Viofo to sell cigarette chargers with detachable USB cable which can be used on a normal power bank to enable parking mode.
Enabling parking mode from the app options is an ok solution, but you must do this manually every time.

The best solution is the one proposed by Mtz with the detachable (special) USB cable you should sell with the cigarette charger, that do not have signal on ACC pin. In this way the parking mode will start automatically.

However I still do not understand why GPS is used to enter (or exit) parking mode. Should be more energy efficient and precise to use the G-Sensor (acceleration sensor) ?
In this video
the camera do not have GPS enabled, yet it will enter parking mode after 5 minutes.

@viofo
Please, can you fix this?
The rear camera has in parking mode (low bitrate mode) the same size as in normal recording mode.
Please check the photos below. 77 MB in normal mode and also in parking mode(low bitrate mode).

I've just used the cam for a long period of time without checking any details. That's why i didn't noticed until now.

I have the latest firmware for the rear camera.
For the front camera I don't have the latest firmware though, because I don't want reduced bitrate for the front camera.This can be the issue?

Normal recording mode

Screenshot_2023-12-08-10-55-06-46_b44697dfe3327e3faf27ce71b3167e4a.jpg
Parking mode
Screenshot_2023-12-08-10-54-46-30_b44697dfe3327e3faf27ce71b3167e4a.jpg

Last edited:
@viofo
Please, can you fix this?
The rear camera has in parking mode (low bitrate mode) the same size as in normal recording mode.
Please check the photos below. 77 MB in normal mode and also in parking mode(low bitrate mode).

I've just used the cam for a long period of time without checking any details. That's why i didn't noticed until now.

I have the latest firmware for the rear camera.
For the front camera I don't have the latest firmware though, because I don't want reduced bitrate for the front camera.This can be the issue?

Normal recording mode

Parking mode

Use the front camera with the latest fw, it will be ok, dont't worry about bitrate, the picture is good with that bitrate and there is a lot of bug fix in that fw.

Unfortunately, the latest firmware for the front cam doesn't resolve the issue.
Please check the photo. The back cam has the same storage in normal recording mode as in parking mode.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-12-10-17-13-30-42_b44697dfe3327e3faf27ce71b3167e4a.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-10-17-13-30-42_b44697dfe3327e3faf27ce71b3167e4a.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_2023-12-10-18-45-49-56_b44697dfe3327e3faf27ce71b3167e4a.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-10-18-45-49-56_b44697dfe3327e3faf27ce71b3167e4a.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
The back cam has the same storage in normal recording mode as in parking mode.
Bitrate and file sizes in any mode do not change for rear cameras that have their own processor: Models A129 Plus and T130.
I haven’t tested A229 Pro and A229 Plus yet.

Bitrate and file sizes in any mode do not change for rear cameras that have their own processor: Models A129 Plus and T130.
Interesting! I don't see why not, but... Ok ... Didn't knew that.

The rear camera provided with the A229 Pro / A229 Plus does change its recording bitrate when in low bitrate parking mode. The rear camera video bitrate will drop to 4.1 Mbps in low bitrate parking mode. I have that info posted in my power consumption test data.

Back