VIOFO T130 Review

This is clear. But maybe you can remove the function of automatically turning off Wi-Fi if there is no connection with the smartphone for a long time? Everyone can turn off Wi-Fi at any time if he needs it and there will be no 6 seconds of lost video.
We don't recommend keeping the WiFi on. If user doesn't turn the WiFi off manually and auto-start every time, it will generate extra heating and use more power.

@viofo Do you think this SanDisk Extreme 256GB micro SD SDXC is good for this Dashcam. The issue still happen for me, not much - like one or twice a day - but still happen. So I'm thinking of change to use another microSD card. 1646103222810.png

Use only Endurance cards in a dashcam especially if you want to use it in Parking Mode.

I ask all users of non-Endurance cards to not start demonstrations here about how good is their non-Endurance card. It is not help at all to recommend a card which is not recommended by their manufacturers for devices which are recording continuously. Actual prices of Endurance cards are very close to EVO cards, so stop doing that.

Use only Endurance cards in a dashcam especially if you want to use it in Parking Mode.

I ask all users of non-Endurance cards to not start demonstrations here about how good is their non-Endurance card. It is not help at all to recommend a card which is not recommended by their manufacturers for devices which are recording continuously. Actual prices of Endurance cards are very close to EVO cards, so stop doing that.
My current card is Sandisk Endurance. In this case, I will test on WD Purple Endurance card. Thanks

I remove all files already because I use SD Memory Card Formatter to fully format the card last night. I will check the result today.
Yes, I use SD Memory Card Formatter at the first place. This is the same method that I used for the old A129 Pro Duo cam.
I use the Full format method, its take about 10 hours to finish format 256GB card. And after the card full, the camera keep beeping. I need to use guiformat to change the card to FAT32, now the issue is hardly happen - still happen but not much.

I do beleive this is something relate to the firmware. This card never have any issue on my A129 Pro Duo, and the previous A139. Even on summer.

Right now the tempature outside is only about 22~26oC.

I ordered Samsung Pro Endurance, will test the camera again after this deliver. If the issue still happen, I will return this camera and change to use my old A129 Pro Duo.

Last edited:
@viofo Do you think this SanDisk Extreme 256GB micro SD SDXC is good for this Dashcam. The issue still happen for me, not much - like one or twice a day - but still happen. So I'm thinking of change to use another microSD card. View attachment 59906
We will buy one and do the testing, thanks for your feedback.

I updated my T130 with the firmware files that are now (02-Mar-2022) available on the VIOFO website. It looks like the website was updated on 27-Feb-2022 with the updated files/info.

VIOFO T130 Dash Camera Firmware

Changelog: 1. Optimize infrared LEDs auto-change feature;
2. Fix bug

Here are the firmware versions after updating the front and rear cameras with the two firmware files on that website:
viofo_t130_firmware_update_20220302.png

I want to give an update related to my memory card issue. My Samsung Pro Endurance 128GB was delivered 2 weeks ago. I formatted it as FAT32 by using the guiformat tool. And no issue from that.

So I assume that my old SanDisk Endurance 256GB may have an issue (Although it never had any issue with VIOFO A129 Pro Duo) or the T130 having an issue with a larger capacity card.

I updated my T130 with the firmware files that are now (09-Mar-2022) available on the VIOFO website.

The VIOFO website pages for firmware downloads have recently been reworked. Currently, the T130 download page only makes the front camera firmware file available for download. I sent a request to my VIOFO contact asking to have the rear camera firmware added to the new download page. I believe he agreed with my request and I hope to see the T130 rear camera firmware on the download page in the next few days.

VIOFO T130 Dash Cam Support

Change Log for V1.2_0309
  1. Optimize power supply while using with rear cam
  2. Fixed EV value not saved issue
  3. Add setting for turn GPS off in parking mode
  4. Add setting for set LEDs status in normal recording and parking recording.
Here are the firmware versions after updating the front camera with the firmware file on that website page:

Front: VIOFO_T130_V1.2_0309
Rear: V1.1_0120

Hello,

I purchased the T130 dashcam, everything seems ok but the download/streaming is very slow and glitchy despite I'm very close to the dashcam..

I'm disapointed that a 2022 dashcam stil using 2.4ghz only wifi...
How to fix that please

Regards,

Hello,

I purchased the T130 dashcam, everything seems ok but the download/streaming is very slow and glitchy despite I'm very close to the dashcam..

I'm disapointed that a 2022 dashcam stil using 2.4ghz only wifi...
How to fix that please

Regards,
I agree that having a 5 GHz Wi-Fi connection would be best. I don't have any suggestions on how to speed up the 2.4 GHz connection to the T130.

We will buy one and do the testing, thanks for your feedback.
Dear Viofo,

How went the testing?

I am asking this at it seems there is a clear statement missing which type of size cards (assume drive partition) it supports and File Format.

I am telling this as on the Viofo product page 256GB is mentioned:

Viofo support page mentions to use not bigger then 128GB:

When reading User Manual:
Manual mentions: • Please format the card on a computer to the exFAT or FAT32 file system

It is a statement that makes no sense, on many levels. exFAT is made to be used by thirdparties and to be used when using >32GB SD cards (or at any storage media).
Meanwhile I am reading confusing messages that you have to use FAT32 to format your SD card, which is weird to use it on cards that is larger than 32GB. This is why we have exFAT.

If i have to advice i would have said:
- <32GB SD cards, use FAT32 or exFAT.
- >32GB SD cards, only use exFAT.

In both ways exFAT should be recommended, as it is capable to handle smaller data blocks.

So dear Viofo,
Are you able to reach out your developers to state here about when is what supported?
Also reach out to your marketing, make sure they are aligned in their communication.

Regards,
S.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this question has been asked, quickly skimmed through the threads as well as a Google search but didn't come up with anything.
In parking mode, does this camera only detect motion (and start recording) from the front camera, or do the interior/rear have this ability as well?
Example: say your vehicle was vandalized from the rear, but not enough force to activate the g-sensor

I'm not sure if this question has been asked, quickly skimmed through the threads as well as a Google search but didn't come up with anything.
In parking mode, does this camera only detect motion (and start recording) from the front camera, or do the interior/rear have this ability as well?
Example: say your vehicle was vandalized from the rear, but not enough force to activate the g-sensor
I believe all three will trigger recording, maybe @SawMaster can confirm...

I was updating the firmware on the T130 this morning when I saw your question. I setup the T130 for for Auto Event Detection (AED) parking mode. When the T130 entered parking mode, the REC LED was blinking. When I moved my hands behind the vehicle, the rear camera picked up the motion and the T130 recorded video changing the REC LED to solid red while it was recording the parking video. I ran the same test inside of the car and that worked as well.

I believe all three will trigger recording, maybe @SawMaster can confirm...
@Derekmillion Actually I don't remember testing that and unfortunately it got pulled to make space for the new cams. I know for sure the A139 senses on all 3 cams, and the T130 is derived from it so it probably does. I like the A139 better myself.

Phil

Thanks for all your replies, @rcg530 thanks for the confirmation, I can now purchase this camera as that was a big selling point for me.
I don't believe any of the literature I read on @viofo product page specified this specifically, because someone (like me) could me looking for this function in their dash cam and perhaps pass on it.
Many 2/3 channel cams have some form of AED, but not all detect motion from all cams, I would think they would want to highlight that function to differentiate from the rest?
I currently have the Vantrue N4 3ch (only front detects motion) system which I will now be replacing for this.
Thanks again

Back