VIOFO T130 Review

I can use the VIOFO app on my very old iPhone 6S Plus running iOS 15.2.1 to access the T130 over Wi-Fi.

I power up the T130. After it's fully powered up, I long press the Wi-Fi button to turn on Wi-Fi network in the T130.

On my iPhone, I go to "Settings / Wi-Fi" and connect to the T130's Wi-Fi network. You should hear a "Wi-Fi Connected" message from the T130 at this point. I then start the VIOFO app (v2.3) and click on the "Connect Camera" button on the main screen. I then see the "Live View" page.

View attachment 59841View attachment 59842View attachment 59843
Yes I can see this live view on my old A129 Pro Duo.

On the new T130, all I can see is the black screen. I connected to Wifi and can make all of the camera config. iPhone 12 running 15.3.1.

Yes I can see this live view on my old A129 Pro Duo.

On the new T130, all I can see is the black screen. I connected to Wifi and can make all of the camera config. iPhone 12 running 15.3.1.
I don't have access to an iPhone 12 or 13 to test this. Make sure the VIOFO app version is at least version 2.3 (latest available in App Store), but it displays "App Version" 59 as the version in the "Version" section of the settings page. In the "System Settings" section, check what your "Live Video Source" setting is set to. Mine is set to "All Camera".

I just tried this using my iPad (5th generation) and it worked on that as well. iOS 15.2.1.

Got my T130 today for replace A129 Pro Duo. The iOS VIOFO live view is not working. I'm pretty sure that it not client app issue because I still can see the live view with A129 Pro Duo. Any know issue with T130 and VIOFO app?
Do you have the Duo version of T130? If you do, maybe the live view is from the third camera wich you don't have, that's why the screen is black. Click the arows icon to switch from the third camera to the others.

I don't have access to an iPhone 12 or 13 to test this. Make sure the VIOFO app version is at least version 2.3 (latest available in App Store), but it displays "App Version" 59 as the version in the "Version" section of the settings page. In the "System Settings" section, check what your "Live Video Source" setting is set to. Mine is set to "All Camera".

I just tried this using my iPad (5th generation) and it worked on that as well. iOS 15.2.1.
After tested and confirm it work for my iPad. I factory reset my phone and now the app work for T130.

Another issue today: Today when driving from the office to home, the T130 going to reboot every 20~30s after started. As a result, the video file have random length 20s or 30s. I don't have this issue in the morning drive.

I used SanDisk Endurance 256GB card with exFAT format. Non issue with A129 Pro. I did quick format before insert to T130, also I use this card for upgrade firmware for T130 to the latest version. So I think the card format maybe an issue, or the heat issue? Current I'm doing the fulll format using SD Card Formatter and will do the test again tomorrow.

Another issue today: Today when driving from the office to home, the T130 going to reboot every 20~30s after started. As a result, the video file have random length 20s or 30s. I don't have this issue in the morning drive.
How is the T130 connected in the car?
It looks like a lack of voltage.

How is the T130 connected in the car?
It looks like a lack of voltage.
I'm connect the camera via the battery pack Cellink NEO with the hardwire HK4 kit so I'm pretty sure that not the voltage issue. The voltage is stable, I need to setup the Parking Time for the camera.

Last edited:
I'm connect the camera via the battery pack Cellink NEO so I'm pretty sure that not the voltage issue. The voltage is stable, I need to setup the Parking Time for the camera.
Can you check the recording reboot timing interval.
Just wondering if it is every 1 minute.

Thanks.

Thanks.
I remove all files already because I use SD Memory Card Formatter to fully format the card last night. I will check the result today.

Thanks.
From my debug, now I can confirm that the issue happen when the memory card is full. After I format the card, everything running fine until this afternoon the card was full then the issue is happen. Look like the camera can't override the file at that time? But not sure why it's very random. So when the issue happen, the camera output video only 16~20s long. And at the next minute, verything normal again. And then next minute the issue happen.

As a result, I have a timeline like this: 10:11:00->10:11:20...missing...10:12:00->10:13:00->10:13:16....missing...10:14:00->10:15:00.

It's so annoyed that the beep + sound happen every 2 minutes.

The card is format as exFAT format, brand Sandisk Endurance 256GB. And no lock files on the card. Happen on both firmware 20220120 and 20220209 (I upgrade firmware this afternoon to verify the issue).

From my debug, now I can confirm that the issue happen when the memory card is full. After I format the card, everything running fine until this afternoon the card was full then the issue is happen. Look like the camera can't override the file at that time? But not sure why it's very random. So when the issue happen, the camera output video only 16~20s long. And at the next minute, verything normal again. And then next minute the issue happen.

As a result, I have a timeline like this: 10:11:00->10:11:20...missing...10:12:00->10:13:00->10:13:16....missing...10:14:00->10:15:00.

The card is format as exFAT format, brand Sandisk Endurance 256GB. And no lock files on the card. Happen on both firmware 20220120 and 20220209 (I upgrade firmware this afternoon to verify the issue).

Thanks for the update.
Interesting results and makes me wonder if the memory card doesn't have enough space deleted to allow a new file to be created which might be why you see a 20 second file and then it returns to recording correctly because it deleted enough space.

What recording length have you got the dash cam set to.

I can't say that I've experienced that behavior with the T130 using the VIOFO 128GB MLC microSD cards. The 128GB card that I've been using with the T130 has 352 MB of free space remaining.

viofo_128gb_mlc_microsd_t130.png

Try another memory card by formatting it to FAT32 using guiformat2.

I ran a test this morning to see what file system is put in place after using guiformat2 to put a FAT32 file system in place and then using the T130's format memory card feature in the firmware settings page.

The left screenshot is just after formatting with guiformat2 and the right screenshot is after installing that microSD in the T130 and using the T130's format memory card feature.

The T130 format installs an exFAT file system on the microSD card.

viofo_128gb_mlc_microsd_guiformat2.png viofo_128gb_mlc_microsd_t130_formatted.png

Attachments

• viofo_128gb_mlc_microsd_t130_formatted.png
    viofo_128gb_mlc_microsd_t130_formatted.png
    8 KB · Views: 2
  • viofo_128gb_mlc_microsd_guiformat2.png
    viofo_128gb_mlc_microsd_guiformat2.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 2
  • viofo_128gb_mlc_microsd_t130.png
    viofo_128gb_mlc_microsd_t130.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 2
I format my memory cards in FAT32 using guiformat2 and do not re-format them in T130. For 5 months of operation of the T130, there were no problems with memory cards.

Thanks for the update.
Interesting results and makes me wonder if the memory card doesn't have enough space deleted to allow a new file to be created which might be why you see a 20 second file and then it returns to recording correctly because it deleted enough space.

What recording length have you got the dash cam set to.
I setup record every 1 minutes. Same setup with my old A129 Pro Duo. The free space when I check on the computer is about 565MB.

I format my memory cards in FAT32 using guiformat2 and do not re-format them in T130. For 5 months of operation of the T130, there were no problems with memory cards.
Thanks I format another card using guiformat2, I will test again today.

Have anyone noticed rear camera recording goes inverted/rotated randomly and again it starts working without doing anything?
Note: I am aware of the option to rotate the image in the app.

I setup record every 1 minutes. Same setup with my old A129 Pro Duo. The free space when I check on the computer is about 565MB.

Thanks I format another card using guiformat2, I will test again today.
Please only choose the FAT32 format for T130 memory card.

Please only choose the FAT32 format for T130 memory card.
Then why does the memory card format feature in the T130 firmware settings page, create an exFAT file system on the microSD card?

I ran a test (see previous post) where I formatted a VIOFO 128GB MLC microSD card on my computer and created the file system as FAT32. I installed that same memory card in the T130 and used the firmware settings page memory card format feature. I powered down the T130 and removed the microSD card and mounted it on my computer. I found that the file system was now exFAT.

exFat is supported.
Big capacitor cards always have more issues than small capacitor cards.
If the issues still occur, better to post a picture for the card, we can buy the same one for testing.
But even we confirmed the camera is compatible with such card, not mean there is no issue with another same version card.

If you manually turn the wifi off, it will not start the WiFi automatically for next power cycle.
This is clear. But maybe you can remove the function of automatically turning off Wi-Fi if there is no connection with the smartphone for a long time? Everyone can turn off Wi-Fi at any time if he needs it and there will be no 6 seconds of lost video.

Reactions: Mtz
Back