Viofo VS1

Really disappointed in the terrible oversharpening in the firmware version my unit shipped with.

Earlier units showed a lot more natural image.

Today I watched the sun from all sides:
Sun ahead, top center
The sun is ahead in the upper left corner
The sun is ahead in the upper right corner
The sun is in the back, top center
And I noticed that with this installation of VS1 in a car, the absence of a CPL filter does not have much effect on the video quality.

Sun ahead, top center.jpg The sun is ahead in the upper left corner.jpg The sun is ahead in the upper right corner.jpg The sun is in the back, top center.jpg

Although maybe I'm already a little blind. :unsure:

And I noticed that with this installation of VS1 in a car, the absence of a CPL filter does not have much effect on the video quality.
Yes, less chance for reflections down low, but maybe the magenta colour in the sky on the second image is from a reflection? Where you wearing something red that got into the sunlight on that image?

I still can't see the over sharpening, those power lines are really good.

Yes, less chance for reflections down low, but maybe the magenta colour in the sky on the second image is from a reflection? Where you wearing something red that got into the sunlight on that image?

I still can't see the over sharpening, those power lines are really good.
There was nothing red in the car during this trip...

For the next 10 days the VS1 is available directly from Viofo for $100.00 USD (but no hardwire kit:() via Viofo's Spring Sale Event. The discounted price listed is $109.99 but you can get an extra $10.00 off by using the code SPRING2024.

Meanwhile, there is a lightning sale going on at Amazon for the A119 V3 for $98.98 USD. I was considering a VS1, especially for 100 bucks but when I saw the mini 2 at that price, I jumped on it! If you want one, you need to act fast!

Edit. Sorry, I screwed up! :banghead: I meant to write A119 MIni 2! I've been writing V3 for so long it's burned into my brain ! :arghh:

Last edited:
What image quality do you like better for NIGHT TIME HDR performance?
VS1 or A119 Mini 2
At the moment, HDR works better at night on the A119 Mini 2.
I hope that in the new firmware the HDR performance at night for the VS1 will be better and will catch up with the Mini 2.

At the moment, HDR works better at night on the A119 Mini 2.
I hope that in the new firmware the HDR performance at night for the VS1 will be better and will catch up with the Mini 2.
What image quality do you like better for DAYTIME?
VS1 or A119 Mini 2

Back