volunteer recruiting for 0806 (mini0803pro) camera

the functionality is available in a few of the A7 processor variants
Yeah that's what I was thinking - the Mini0803 is the 50 I think so I just expected it to be taken advantage of in there.

From the look of that video it doesn't look like they bothered turning it on - it's swings and roundabouts at the end of the day :)

i need to restrain myself... i keep finding these posts and i am like "yes gimmie gimmie gimmie!!!" but i need to concentrate on 1-2 cameras a month to really get good experience with each.

Last edited:
Doesn't the Mini0803 do dewarp via the A7 then?
If you record in 1296 resolution then the sensor in the 0803 doesn't have much spare resolution that can be thrown away while correcting the image so turning it on would reduce the sharpness of the image. I'd rather have a sharp image than one with no fish eye since I don't often notice the fish eye anyway! It's possible that it does do a small amount of correction though, you wouldn't be able to tell.

I noticed that you can get lenses sold for the GoPro Hero that produce a flat image optically without loosing detail, might be a better option for someone who does mind the fisheye. They do cost a bit more though and aren't as bright.

"but i need to concentrate on 1-2 cameras a month" sounds like some one is fighting a severe addition :D

Anyone know whats happened to Rayman, I have messaged and emailed him, but with no response.

@DDP, same thing happened to me... remained that he sent me the tracking number for 806 test unit package, since then it's been a week from now and no response

@jokiin, thanks for the clarification,
you can possibly confirm if on October 8, parcels left to those who are to test 806? thank you

Nothing to do with me, was just letting you know why you wouldn't have heard anything as everyone in the trade has been busy for the last week with trade shows

Dear DashCamTalk fanatics,
This is Rayman.Chan, the product manager of MEGtech, we ever made wellknown 0801&0803 cameras.
0801 is a great dash camera for the entry level users which bring 1080P video recording and high stability;
0803 is a upgtade version which have higher 1296P performance with LDWS and WDR feature, although, the heating problem made many customers angry and a lot of complaint.
Now, it is the time to move forward; our new camera, mini 0806 (mini 0803 pro) is coming.
MORE POWERFUL, MORE STABILITY, MORE FEATURE, MORE BRILLIANT;
LESS HEATING, LESS INVALID, ,LESS FUSSY, LESS DISAPPOINTING.

View attachment 8071

we need your authentication, suggestion, and bug reports. You are the fanatic, you are the star.

we need to recruit 15 guys to join our DEBUG team, to audit the 0806 pre-production samples.
to be a team member of the PUBLIC DEBUG team, you must:
1, be patient, be serious-minded, be rigorous, be enthusiastic;
2, have enough time to test, report, discuss and re-test the camera;
3, have the basic technology/structure/hardware/software knowledge in electronic product field;
4, agree the Non-Disclosure Agreement of MEG Sample Test Procedure;
5, you will need to pay $100 deposit by Paypal, for the camera sample and DHL shipping; (deposit will be fullly refund after you report the relevant bugs)

MEG responsibility:
1, organize/manage the DEBUG team and sumbit the bugs;
2, update the hardware and firmware according tester's feedback;

I'm sorry but not all the appliers will be accept as we can only share 15pcs samples to Debuggers.
Anyone want to be a debugger, please send a PM or reply this thread. We will reply you or send you mail ASAP.

Thank you very much.
Rayman @MEGtech

Be glad to participate myself, but whatever you do, get Techmoan on as a "tester/suggester". I dare say most of us here bought the 803 based on his recommendation. If he says it's good, then I buy it. Every single time.

Be glad to participate myself, but whatever you do, get Techmoan on as a "tester/suggester". I dare say most of us here bought the 803 based on his recommendation. If he says it's good, then I buy it. Every single time.

Interestingly they had Techmoan's review playing on their booth all day

I am pretty casual about the 0806, it will get there when it get there :D

But my calm attitude might be caused by the fact i expect a lot of other "toys" to arrive at my door soon :)

Only one downside and that is that summer have gone, so getting out there and test them will be less nice. ( for a guy like me who do not like temperatures below 20 deg C )

guys sorry for keeping you waiting.
we get back from Global Sourcing Fair and my personal HKTDC trip.
the parcels have been sent last week, but we noticed they just passed custom check yesterday. (you can find some clues from news)
here is the tester list:
Dashmellow
Techmoan
checkyourlights
kamkar1
reverend
chris-s
MTZ
Nigel
Deebeaux
norcis
Tom Vanmuysen
Schorschi
borland
Marrrio
And here is the catalog image of 0806 for your reference.
Chipset A7LA50 with image sensor OV4689. so i will not repeat the specification here as you are the expert of performance.
hope you will like this.
Sincerely,
Rayman @MEGtech

catalog-140930_page_02.jpg

Last edited:
Interestingly they had Techmoan's review playing on their booth all day

Hello JOKIIN, seems you must been there :)
did our sales have a chance to consult with you?
if not, it will be a pity for MEG.

Last edited:
Hello JOKIIN, seems you must been there :)
did our sales have a chance to consult with you?
if no, it will be a pity for MEG.

yeah I was there, was busy on my own booth but had a look around the last day, didn't talk to anyone on your stand but had a look at your new model, I think it has addressed most of the problems of the 0803, 0801 models so those that like this design should be pleased with the improvements made

Back