Vortex's Viofo A329 Review

moving the recorder from the screen to a separate box
A few have made such a remote system, but they had a hard time selling them for some reason.
I would personally prefer that, even if i do not have a big use for parking guard or live in a really hot place that would benefit from having the main unit not sitting in direct sun.

Also in that case you can make the box as large as you please and so be able to have a SSD internally and / or a actual proper cooling solution.

I see nothing but benefits of having a remote main unit and cameras on a wire from that.

A few have made such a remote system, but they had a hard time selling them for some reason.
I would personally prefer that, even if i do not have a big use for parking guard or live in a really hot place that would benefit from having the main unit not sitting in direct sun.

Also in that case you can make the box as large as you please and so be able to have a SSD internally and / or a actual proper cooling solution.

I see nothing but benefits of having a remote main unit and cameras on a wire from that.
Implementation is very important.
Controll buttons and LEDs must stay on windshield camera, and also may be a screen, not sure.

For the not so high end cameras the box is not really needed and people prefer a simple solutions, hence poor sales for the box design.
But for the modern high end and feature reach cameras the box makes a lot of sense.

Back