VOTE: Panorama G (Alternative Suction Cup Mount Testing) ((& 3M Adhesive Brackets!))

Which Alternative Suction-Cup Mount is the best fit for the new Panorama G?

• Bracket #1 (the OEM default)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yeah. There are many things to consider thats why in majority dashcam cases I fo my own DIY solutions which suits my needs.

RoadCam - can you move just the ball (while attached to the cam) from 2 or 5 to A or E, and vice versa - without moving the base that the ball sits in? IE. Can the "screw" that holds the ball be unscrewed so that the ball becomes the attachment point, movable between suction cup & 3M mounted solutions? Thus, you'd tighten the screw to hold the ball into the base when you've got the cam positioned the way you want.
Then, you'd only need one low-profile panorama ball (ie. included with all cameras) - and can then have various mounts that can secure the ball that the customer can choose which one to buy (first one free with camera purchase so that they have something to mount to). The idea is that the ball allows multi-axis movement on a permanently attached base - yet is standard size to move between base mounts (for those who need a base mount with shorter drop, longer drop, rear window, suction cup, 3M, etc.)
Hope this makes sense.

Double K. If you are asking what I think you are asking. I am able to take this mount put it on my mirror and swap my G1W, TF2, WF1, and Marcus 3 by just swapping the cameras themselves as they all use the same T-Slot mount. The Panorama seems to use the same T-Slot as well.

It seems you are looking to do the reverse in taking the Panorama and using both a suction up and 3M stick mount witch is also possible as long as you have a suction up and bracket that the ball joint will fit in.

Last edited by a moderator:
.... It seems you are looking to do the reverse in taking the Panorama and using both a suction up and 3M stick mount witch is also possible as long as you have a suction up and bracket that the ball joint will fit in.

Yes, thanks CheckYourLights, that's what I'm asking - instead of using the T-slot to move from mount to mount (which niko highlighted the drawbacks in his post on page 1) could we use the ball instead (assuming it is a screw to secure/unsecure the ball, and the ball is a standard size) ?

I don't have a Panorama, but with with my Vicovation WF1 and G1W I am able to leave the T-slot mounts in the camera loosen the plastic lock washer and pull the camera and ball part of the mount out and pop them into a 3M stick or suction cup.
2d77r52.jpg

The left is the ball joint from the eBay rear view mirror mount here.
The right is the Vicovation WF1/TF2 stock ball part of the mount. The Vico is smaller so you need the lock washer to keep it from sliding around in the Mirror mount hosing.
The Mirror mount ball is bigger so you can get away with not using the lock washer on the Vico 3M mount, but they are interchange-able.

This T-Slot is my favorite kind of mount because it is so universe. I really wish that unless a camera had a reason to be different. Like GuardTrak or the Minis that they would all use this T-Slot design.

Last edited:
I'm going to order all the new mounts to try and I'll do another video. This time I'll try popping out the ball sockets too and see if we can mix and match.

The following 8 brackets are on order, should get a tracking number shortly to give everyone an ETA.
http://imgur.com/a/15uVb#0

Last edited:
For me 3m ball mount only E and A models.

I didn't get a chance to do a nice video, but my conclusion (and based on vote) is this new black edition #4 mount (aka #7) is the way to go. I'm going to do final vibration/durability testing and we'll be including this mount with all future Panorama G's in the near future.
GiCNzDt.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting. I guess I'll get one for my G1W-C, until you come out with the A118/B40 capacitor version. Price?

Last edited:
After playing around with number of 3M mounts and Suction Cups. I come up with idea on smallest mount that can be used in small spaces to hide camera behind the mirror. Like Jetta MK6 2010-2014
You need to use middle part from Suction Cups (marked with blue arrow) and like 3M mount from Panorama S (teeth on inside of the mount necessarily for strong fixation, similar mount without teeth will be not hold the camera in fixed position).

b8297a433b8b368d2e7350f03dc6cc83.jpg
71fcd8b2d8e80af5e203c4178863a5cf.jpg

I do not have expect type of the 3M mount from Panorama S but I tried with similar 3M mount without teeth on inside.
03f0b720fb2221bd02f86d7182dc29c5.jpg

2aeaf94113a823812c3fdc82a61d1e08.jpg

Last edited:
FWIW

There are at least 2 different sizes of the 3M type mount in the second picture

FWIW

There are at least 2 different sizes of the 3M type mount in the second picture

Like 3m from Panorama 2, NOT exactly the same one!

Last edited:
I forgot to followup in this thread about the latest new extra short pan/tilt/swivel Adhesive mount we now offer. It's even shorter yet!

itTJ14I.png

nBhFP47.jpg

HivZRWum.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back