weird video quality issue with Viofo A129

quangdaika

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I was comparing video between the A129 front and Viofo 119Pro and I see that the A129 video has these dots. Somebody told me it was a sharpness issue?
Video was recorded on 1.4 firmware. WDR off. EV 0. Bitrate set to high. Wifi off. 1080p 30fps. 60Hz

A129 (might be a good idea to mute the sound here)

A119Pro

Last edited:
This normal. Because sensor Sony IMX291 have physical "bigger pixel" at silicon sensor chip and these are quantizing noises, instead of A119 PRO sensor.

He mean about some diggest randomly noise on static surfaces, like a "micro rain drops". This normal. This is quantizing noises.

not clear what he means but anything image quality related is hard to comment on when the video has been uploaded to YouTube and re-encoded by them

He mean about some diggest randomly noise on static surfaces, like a "micro rain drops". This normal. This is quantizing noises.

How come some videos I see on YouTube doesn't have this? Is it because of the lightning? Or maybe they're recording with just the front while I'm using front and rear?

Last edited:
How come some videos I see on YouTube doesn't have this? Is it because of the lightning? Or maybe they're recording with just the front while I'm using front and rear?
Are you using the correct power supply and correct power cable?

Did you set the Bitrate to High?

Back