No live video to phone app?

jpohling

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have recently noticed that when I try and view the live video from either camera on the phone app it is completely black and there is no video image. The camera is showing the live front and rear views and functions fully with every other aspect. It is recording files fine and I can view them by pulling the memory card and installing in dektop. I just cannot get the app to show the videos from either camera? Any ideas? also it is running firmware 1.9 and when I ask to update firmware it says it is current? I seem to see 2.* firmware available?

Capture! I toggled on and off my data and that seems to be the issue. On my camera settings it shows 3.3 as the app version and A129: V1.9 as the firmware. The app appears to be the latest version on the app store. and when I select firmware on the app it indicates "current firmware is up to date" Is that not the case? is the only way to update the firmware is to copy onto the memory card?

I'm not sure if firmware updates are supported via the app anymore. Just download the firmware file to the card if you want to update.

So I have attempted to download the new firmware to the sd card, but no luck. I only have the long USB power cable, but not sure how that would affect things? But, when I plug the camera into the computer I do not get the "micro SD card reader mode" which seems critical. This is from the instruction video linked in the viofo instructions. "how to upgrade the firmware"

changed to a short cable and it went into the card reader mode! but it will not take the new .bin file per the directions.

Glad to hear SD card reader is working now. As for the firmware, I recommend making sure that the SD card is blank before bringing it over. I also recommend ensuring that there are no typos in the name, Viofo gets very picky with that. For example, "FWA129.bin" will work, but "FWA129.bin(1)" will not. This can be fixed by renaming the file.

Everything works fine when I toggle off my cellular data so I am not to concerned about updating the firmware at this point. Great tip about the file name. I had already found that and corrected but still no go.

Seems like the advantages to the current firmware is small?

The advantage of the firmware is minimal overall, as long as other features are working as intended.

Back