Went from G1W to similar Kenwood A301, video download problems

tillerman

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi all, I had my old G1WC for a very long time, got to the point where I'd need to reset and format frequently until it just stopped recording video at all.
I liked the video quality when reading licence plates though so I picked up a very very similar kenwood A301 ( almost everything is the same besides the case IMO), good video, horrid audio just like the G1WC.

The issue I have now is even though I can view video on the dash cam's screen my PC can't view the files when using VLC or even Kenwood's software. I'm stumped as VLC should have every codec, and if it was an SD card issue the dash cam wouldn't be able to playback either.
I've tried copying the files to PC in case it was a transmission speed issue. I'm stumped, I can view on the small screen of the dash cam, but not retrieve files on phone or PC. This is how the old G1WC died...

Anyone else come across this issue on other cams? I know no one uses a g1wc or kenwood here bso asking about other cams too.
If not then recommend me an under $200 dashcam that has clarity for reading licence plates.

The old sandisk 32GB sd card is suspect but I just loaded 20GB music on it to test and it works fine.

Nevermind. the app is just garbage as it plain doesn't work. I seems my old PC just developed a problem with mp4 playback for some reason which I just fixed, so all good now. Will probably retire the sandisk 32GB and buy a 128gb samsung micro sd card tomorrow anyway.

How is the kenwood dash cam? always been curious as they look like nextbase clones

Curious about the Kenwood dash cams too. Currently found the Kenwood DVR-A301W on sale for $69.99. Didn't think that was bad considering it has GPS and wifi. Plus, Kenwood has their own computer software to view/edit that includes the gps mapping. So is it any good?

Back