What are best settings for A119S?

Anyone got any settings for this? Looks a little overexposed and pixelated
Looks great to me...it will do the job it was meant for. It was never meant to compete with a flat screen tv. If there is a incident it's quite acceptable to capture it...whether a bit over exposesed or any other minor deficiency..no DVR is 100% perfect and we have to just accept it

Hi all,
I use 1920 x 1080P 60fps for my dashcam but I am wondering if a high quality with lower fps settings 2560 x 1440P 30fps is better for reading plates or details of the footage. As far as I know, it is so, but it is harder to catch details in lower fps (30) during driving. What is the differences and what would you suggest to use for always; day and night (1920 x 1080P 60fps / 2560 x 1440P 30fps).

On the other hand, I have a look at the comments on the web and it seems to be that there is no agreement regarding to WDR feature. As far as I know it help the video to be brighter in dark conditions. Or what else, and what would you suggest for WDR usage? Regards...

@H.Johnson .......... Use your own experimental judgment along the way and always freeze frame for clarity when viewing

@H.Johnson .......... Use your own experimental judgment along the way and always freeze frame for clarity when viewing

I have no 2 Viofo A119S camera and the best option to decide which one is better to record at the same time simultaneously...

Hi all,
I use 1920 x 1080P 60fps for my dashcam but I am wondering if a high quality with lower fps settings 2560 x 1440P 30fps is better for reading plates or details of the footage. As far as I know, it is so, but it is harder to catch details in lower fps (30) during driving. What is the differences and what would you suggest to use for always; day and night (1920 x 1080P 60fps / 2560 x 1440P 30fps).

On the other hand, I have a look at the comments on the web and it seems to be that there is no agreement regarding to WDR feature. As far as I know it help the video to be brighter in dark conditions. Or what else, and what would you suggest for WDR usage? Regards...

I'm always using Resolution setting 1920 x 1080P 60fps for the best overall quality image.
The WDR is always On to clarify the image and to define and enhance colors.
My Exposure settings are - 0.1/3 from spring to fall and +0.0 for winter months.
I'm at 44 degrees Latitude N so I adjust the aperture to compensate the changes in the sun rays.

So far so good.

I'm always using Resolution setting 1920 x 1080P 60fps for the best overall quality image.
The WDR is always On to clarify the image and to define and enhance colors.
My Exposure settings are - 0.1/3 from spring to fall and +0.0 for winter months.
I'm at 44 degrees Latitude N so I adjust the aperture to compensate the changes in the sun rays.

So far so good.

Thanks for reply. Regarding to resolution, I am not sure if the higher resolution would be better for reading plates at night time.

On the other hand, regarding to Exposure, can we say that +0.0 for winter time and -0.1/3 for summer time?

In late August I started with Exposure at +0.0 but I thought it was too bright.
ie: Looking at a white car with our white background Ontario Province license plate in bright shining sun.
I found that going with -o.1/3 for summer was more suitable.
The +0.0 works out for winter so far.
The 1920 x 1080P 60 fps with WDR suits my varied needs viewing from side to side views.
I just tried to make one subtle change at a time until I found what works best.
I'm waiting for -20s Celsius on a snowy cold morning and I'll put a YouTube.
Merry Christmas to all the forum members.

Last edited:
Back