What comes next?

azchrisf

Reaction score
Country
United States
With the camera being exceedingly excellent hardware, and besides my nitpicking of the firmware, what's in the pipe for the near future?

I'd like to suggest a 2K/4K or Super HD (1440p) 2-channel model (Front & Rear), and built-in GPS and G-Sensor that constantly records (so you can see the acceleration force when you hit the gas), and maybe a Parking mode?

:)

the challenge for the higher resolutions is they don't do as well in low light, not with any current technology at least (things change so who knows what might come in the future) the dual channel solutions we're working on will be 2 x 1080p, in single channel mode higher resolutions are possible and might suit some applications so we may look at offering that as an option, a lot of things need to happen before we could get to that stage though

Interesting.
Any idea when we can expect these models to hit the market?
And - I'd love to test them. I'll even pay to do it! :D

the challenge for the higher resolutions is they don't do as well in low light, not with any current technology at least (things change so who knows what might come in the future)

How come higher resolution cameras don't work as well in low light? I don't really know anything about imaging/cameras/etc so I naively figured that everything worked in a nice linear fashion where there's no such thing as trade-offs :)

Back