What Computer Operating System Do You Run?

Yeah, my current motherboard is from 2013/2014 so I just missed out on all the M2 stuff.

SSD is probably one of the best upgrades you can do at the moment still I think.

Going back to the Main subject I started using Debian Linux back in 1998/1999 although I was always dual booting with windows 98. Back then device support was a real pain, I remember having to email one of the maintainers of the drivers to my ethernet card, and also having lots of issues with the sound driver.

I then went to WinXP and Linux, then Windows 7 / Linux (skipping Windows Vista) then Windows 10 (skipping Windows 8)

So since Windows 10 came out, I've exclusively run that on my main desktop. Too many programs I use require Windows now and it's used heavily in work. I often get really frustrated with Microsoft as feature creap seems to be really bad, I am also technically minded so I kind of prefer the tweakability of Linux.

I have a few raspberry pis which run raspbian for some general duties, all my network devices have been flashed with openwrt (where possible) and my phone runs LineageOS (yeah, I like fiddling with technology). I also have an older PC that runs Debian Linux although that really doesn't get enough of my time

TBH i selective skip read it was in a laptop :rolleyes: still a regular SSD are also nice, i use a SSD in my desktop for game / programs, my High End Desktop motherboard have room for four M2 drives, so that SSD will get phased out eventually.
Also a M2 in my laptop, but it is also a new model, but nice to have windows boot fast from that drive.

Back in the day i went from MS DOS to win 98 then 98 se - win me - XP - and even vista - win 7 - skipped win 8, and now windows 10

Some of the hate some people have for some windows versions, well i never had that, and in those days i was even overclocking and in all ways pushing my computer.

Back in the day i went from MS DOS to win 98 then 98 se - win me - XP - and even vista - win 7 - skipped win 8, and now windows 10
What about Windows 3.1 ? Also MS DOS 1.x.

I skipped the first windows, was a hard core DOS fan back in the day.

I just ordered a Mac Mini. As I try to build my blog, I'm starting to go all in for OSX. I will use Linux for my custom stuff (I still want to build a homemade dash cam), Mac just seems less clunky than Windows. My Windows desktop kind of puked after a few years whereas this Macbook Air is almost 8 years old. I just need more horsepower for what I need to do so that's why I'm getting the Mac Mini.

I've been using windows all the time and I really used to it. As my gf uses Mac and I don't really like it honestly.

I have never tried a MAC, and i have only touched a iPhone 1 time, taking a pic of my sister and her kids with the oldest girls phone.
And it have been 10 years now and i still feel dirty.
This is how i have showered ever since.

Back