What dashcam has the best interface?

minotaar

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm trying to pick a dash cam for my car, and after reading all your very informative posts, I've realized just how important a useful phone or device interface is. A lot of the reviews are focused (perhaps rightly) on sensor/camera quality, but they unfortunately gloss over issues of interface. Can anyone say which interface they like most?

Can anyone say which interface they like most?
I think the answer is probably going to be different for every person!

Personally I like a dashcam that I never need to touch, but still keeps me informed of anything important - the voice notification on the Viofo cameras is very good.

Other people frequently complain about voice notification on other brands, saying that they talk too much.

Some people like voice commands for control of the camera, but then other people would never use them.
Some people prefer phone apps to inbuilt LCD screens, but then other people prefer the LCD screens.
Some people want to be able to upload videos direct to the police at the scene of the accident, while others would rather take the memory card home to their computer, and then take their time to decide what should go to the police.
Some people have the cameras for making road trip movies, others have them for recording accidents, others for recording/reporting dangerous driving.

Maybe we need to know what you will want to use it for, and what your preferred interfaces are - voice, keyboard, phone app?

how important a useful phone or device interface
If you go to the Apple Store, or Google Play Store, and look at the reviews for all dash cam APPs they are pretty much rated 1, or 2 stars.
The people that leave these one star reviews are the folks who don’t understand the difference between Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Cellular Data, and how to configure them to operate their dash cam.
Gene Wilder might call these folks “people of the land”.
I’ve been using dash cams since 2018. I’ve used almost every major brand dash cam APP, (about 15).
By far Viofo is my favorite.
DDPAI is my least favorite.
Don’t get me started on BlackVue. Lol
-Chuck

I like the Garmin DCX7 UI interface. Simple and clean, automatically adjusting time/date, auto brightness for screen and auto light/dark theme. Big and clicky buttons. Voice commands that work.

Back