What exactly is the function of the battery?

Is it possible to plug the hardwire kit into a different fuse? For example, I have mine connected to the engine ECU circuit which turns off 4 minutes after the ignition. You may find the problem doesn't occur on another circuit.

Alternatively if you know much about electronics, try adding a capacitor to the hardwire kit output to smooth any glitches.

Hi Nigel,
That is an option I will try. It does seem that it's very inconsistent when this happens. I've troubleshot computers easier than this dashcam. :)
By the way, I modified my mounting with 2 rectangular neodymium magnets. 1/16" thick with VHB tape on the back. One mounted to the windshield and one to the GPS. They are 1"x1.5". The 1/16" thick are powerful enough to hold in place and easy to detach. If someone wants more powerful they could get the 1/8" thick. The magnets have no affect on GPS. Extra cost was about $7. The magnet setup I had before was fine but they were round (this looks cleaner). I believe you mentioned using magnet to magnet vs. magnet to metal so they mate to one another so I gave it a try.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dougk9 Mini 0806 2