what fuse to tap into part 2

chili

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well after more searching and trying various fuses i am begining to beat my head on a brick, i have attached a piccy of my footwell fuse box

fusebox.jpg
and a link to it aswell https://fuse-box.info/mercedes-benz/mercedes-benz-cla-class-c117-2014-2019-fuses-and-relay

the problem i have for example fuse 110 for the radio is always live great you may think, but i can only find fuse taps that are the wrong orientation i cannot use fuse 110 as fuse 56 and 57 get in the way and obstruct the tap
70 and 72 am looking at for the acc wire these should not be an issue its just the perma live one thats causing a dilema out of all the other fuses which would you use for perma live?

sorry to be a pain with this
cheers

ideally i would like to find some of these
1688902364927.png

Attachments

• fusebox.jpg
    fusebox.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 2
There is a right and wrong orientation for a fuse tap, but.. there is much discussion which way is correct with arguments for either way. If it fits the wrong way.. you will have it right according to some members.
I have in the past filled the edge of a fuse and soldered a wire to the non powered leg. I had to do this because the extra height of a standard fuse tap interfered with the fuse cover. Ruined a few fuses due to my soldering skills but eventually got it right. Ended up with something much like your picture but along the edge.

Last edited:
cheers for the reply, i agree there is a specific way and like you say the taps always seem to obstruct some part of the process

Back