What happened to Gabacho?

Module 79L

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Dash Cam
AT11DA, SG9665XS, G1W-H
I just happened to stumble upon a thread where he was participating and now he appears as "Guest", with no account. :(

Last edited:
he must have deleted his account if it shows as guest, he did message me and mention that life was getting busy and he wouldn't have time to participate here anymore which is a shame, but home life comes first always

I was sorry to see Gabacho leave the forum; I'll miss him. If it was a just a matter of being busy I'm surprised he would delete his account rather than simply leave it dormant in the event he wanted to stop in for a visit sometime.

If it was a just a matter of being busy I'm surprised he would delete his account rather than simply leave it dormant in the event he wanted to stop in for a visit sometime.

agree but perhaps he saw that as a temptation if it was left active

I think there are many things that precede the dashcam community, but clearly some have a great presence here due to things like dashcams being their livelihood, others are here as it is sort of a hobby now.
I came here first time to make sure my new dashcam was a good investment, but then i kinda got stuck, which are just fine as i now have plenty of spare time.
At one time i did expect to go full nerd on dashcams, but that dident seem to happen so i still just see myself as a dedicated user.
I like dashcams but it dont seem my brain see them as one of those things it just store all and everything about, but i have seen that before with interests of mine and my selective brain just dont see it the same way i do when it come to storing info on the matter.

On a second note i was out shopping and when i came out of the shop i saw 2 other cars with dashcams ( Blackvue ) parked pretty close to mine, first time i have seen 3 such cars within a 10 x 10 M area :cool:
And on the way there i am also pretty sure the car in front of me had a dashcam too, but not sure on the make of that one.

Gabacho was one of our "Star"-status members who went out of his way to welcome every new member warmly. Let us learn from that and remember to do that ourselves.
Gonna miss him for sure!

Phil

I feel that's a job of senior members, make a world of change when people bother to drop a line in the introductions subforum.

Some times things just fizz out, and you have to move on to new and better things.
As a oldie i have seen so many things repeat them self it are some times frustrating, but you just got to take a deep breath and get on with it.
And just like computer hardware which i use to write about on a Danish computer site, then there are not really any new major improvements on things, its just slowly chugging along.

Maybe he got caught out on the wrong side of the border as Trump slammed the door :giggle:

...so many things repeat them self it are some times frustrating,...
This is the case with just about all internet forums - whatever the subject matter might be.

yogi-berra-quotes-12.png

Some forums fizzle out over a lack of new subject matter, others fade from a lack of new blood. And members can fade away once they get the answers they sought. Not too many folks have unlimited time to play around online. I never thought I'd be here this long- I just wanted one cheap but good cam :rolleyes: Then I discovered how intriguing and deep the subject matter is and how great a lot of the folks here are- and then all resistance became futile and I was assimilated:ROFLMAO: Honestly I spend far too much time here myself but if I weren't here I'd be on another forum elsewhere so that doesn't matter. Yes, I'm an internet forum junkie and if the computer is on I'll be logged in here :)

Gabacho is a gentleman of high class and high character who lives just as he speaks; folks of that sort are rare these days. That will serve him well in whatever his current and future passions are. He was active behind the scenes in some very good ways too. Godspeed Gabacho, the door is always open for you should you pass this way again (y)

Phil

I just noticed in reading an older thread that as of this past Monday morning we have a 'new' user by that name. Going to be confusing going forward.

I just noticed in reading an older thread that as of this past Monday morning we have a 'new' user by that name. Going to be confusing going forward.

that can be a problem when a user account is deleted rather than the user just not using it

I just happened to notice this thread and have been wondering where he was, it's been several months since I talked to him, but he never said anything about leaving the forum, just that he was going to start spending a lot more time in Mexico. I sure hope there wasn't anything negative about Gabacho leaving, he was a very kind gentleman to me and others.
Gabocho if you happen to read this please say Hi, I'm worried about your leaving and would really like to talk to you +1:).

Back