What kind of dashcam does an uber driver really need?

@ElsaNS7
As a general rule of thumb a portion of all Amazon reviews are fake, paid for, or where written by consumers who received a free product in exchange for writing a 5 star review.
It looks like your company Wolfbox is no exception.
Your G840S has 8,678 reviews with an average score of 4.3 out of 5 starts.
Your i17 has 19 reviews with a score of 5 stars.

1.)
Of these 8,697 reviews what percentage would you estimate are fake, paid for, etc.?

2.)
Are you now, or have you ever been associated with these dash cam brands?
Crosstour
Apeman
Ricilar

3.)
Are you now, or have you ever been associated with any Dash Cam brand, or company that has been banned, or delisted from selling Amazon?
For violations such as;
False Advertising
Buying Fake Reviews
Asking consumers to write positive reviews in exchange for receiving a free product.
Refusing to honor legitimate warranty claims with the 12 month warranty period.

4.)
Are you now, or have you ever been associated with any Dash Cam brand, or company that has been dissolved, filed for bankruptcy, gone out of business, or been shut down by legal order from a government agency.

5.)
Are you now, or have you ever been associated with any Dash Cam brand, or company that has faced legal accusations / criminal actions from the United States Federal Trade Commission?

6.)
What is your FCC ID# for all your dash cams?

7.)
What is the name of your legal parent company, or financially responsible organization?

8.)
What is the address of your company in Shenzhen?

-Chuck

Screenshot 2023-09-16 12.10.58 AM.png
2 .png

Last edited:
@ElsaNS7
As a general rule of thumb a portion of all Amazon reviews are fake, paid for, or where written by consumers who received a free product in exchange for writing a 5 star review.
It looks like your company Wolfbox is no exception.
Your G840S has 8,678 reviews with an average score of 4.3 out of 5 starts.
Your i17 has 19 reviews with a score of 5 stars.

1.)
Of these 8,697 reviews what percentage would you estimate are fake, paid for, etc.?

2.)
Are you now, or have you ever been associated with these dash cam brands?
Crosstour
Apeman
Ricilar

3.)
Are you now, or have you ever been associated with any Dash Cam brand, or company that has been banned, or delisted from selling Amazon?
For violations such as;
False Advertising
Buying Fake Reviews
Asking consumers to write positive reviews in exchange for receiving a free product.
Refusing to honor legitimate warranty claims with the 12 month warranty period.

4.)
Are you now, or have you ever been associated with any Dash Cam brand, or company that has been dissolved, filed for bankruptcy, gone out of business, or been shut down by legal order from a government agency.

5.)
Are you now, or have you ever been associated with any Dash Cam brand, or company that has faced legal accusations / criminal actions from the United States Federal Trade Commission?

6.)
What is your FCC ID# for all your dash cams?

7.)
What is the name of your legal parent company, or financially responsible organization?

8.)
What is the address of your company in Shenzhen?

-Chuck

View attachment 67501
View attachment 67503
I also have to note that there's a bunch of i17 and G900 reviews on YouTube that are overwhelmingly positive, with affiliate links in their descriptions. None of them seem to point out any flaws with the product.

The i17 is marketed as 4k but it's only using IMX335 (not a bad sensor as we all know), but interpolated 4k. Affiliate codes and Amazon links everywhere!

No wonder Elsa doesn't want us comparing their products to other brands.

I also have to note that there's a bunch of i17 and G900 reviews on YouTube that are overwhelmingly positive, with affiliate links in their descriptions. None of them seem to point out any flaws with the product.
All of these Wolfbox YouTube Reviews are what I refer to as “Home Shopping Network” or QVC.
Most have no understanding of how it actually works, or how to even explain specifications.
They are basically paid infomercials.
This is the exact opposite of what you would find from Vortex Radar, or RCG530.

All of these “Amazon” dash cam companies email me several times a month asking if I’ll hawk their piece of junk.
Instead of spending money buying fake reviews, and advertising they should actually invest in R&D, and make their products better.
But that will never happen because it’s easier to keep pumping out garbage, and dressing it up fancy with fake social media.

All of these Wolfbox YouTube Reviews are what I refer to as “Home Shopping Network” or QVC.
Most have no understanding of how it actually works, or how to even explain specifications.
They are basically paid infomercials.
This is the exact opposite of what you would find from Vortex Radar, or RCG530.

All of these “Amazon” dash cam companies email me several times a month asking if I’ll hawk their piece of junk.
Instead of spending money buying fake reviews, and advertising they should actually invest in R&D, and make their products better.
But that will never happen because it’s easier to keep pumping out garbage, and dressing it up fancy with fake social media.

Absolutely nailed it there Chuck. Even the bloody thumbnails look like infomercials!

I honestly doubt Wolfbox are going to come to the party here on DashcamTalk with their products. Which is funny considering they're sniffing around asking what can make their products better.

Even the bloody thumbnails look like infomercials!
Check out the thumbnails on all my dash cam reviews.
And then check out my SUBSCRIBER / VIEWS / COMMENTS / THUMBS UP ratio on each video.
I have the absolute worst;
Production Quality
Editing
Social Media Presence (no Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
Charisma
Personality
Likeability
On Screen Presence (I’ve never shown my face) lol

If someone begrudgingly sat through my painful “Ben Stein Monotone” book report, it’s because I at least offered useful information.
I make my reviews as boring as possible, and aim to just repeat facts, and offer reference material so the consumer can make an informed decision.
No clickbait, no drama.
Part of the reason I do this is because my YouTube Channel is NOT monetized.
I am NOT an Amazon Affiliate.
I am NOT a BlackboxMyCar Affiliate.
I earn zero dollars making YouTube videos.
It’s just my retirement hobby.
-Chuck

Check out the thumbnails on all my dash cam reviews.
And then check out my SUBSCRIBER / VIEWS / COMMENTS / THUMBS UP ratio on each video.
I have the absolute worst;
Production Quality
Editing
Social Media Presence (no Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
Charisma
Personality
Likeability
On Screen Presence (I’ve never shown my face) lol

If someone begrudgingly sat through my painful “Ben Stein Monotone” book report, it’s because I at least offered useful information.
I make my reviews as boring as possible, and aim to just repeat facts, and offer reference material so the consumer can make an informed decision.
No clickbait, no drama.
Part of the reason I do this is because my YouTube Channel is NOT monetized.
I am NOT an Amazon Affiliate.
I am NOT a BlackboxMyCar Affiliate.
I earn zero dollars making YouTube videos.
It’s just my retirement hobby.
-Chuck

That's it, it's pretty hard for anyone to make money off YouTube these days unless you either started years ago and maintained a presence or upgraded your video backgrounds or whatever charisma haha.

So folks wanting to make a big buck get the Amazon affiliate program with doctored approval ratings and the like. The whole system is rigged , whether someone does it as a hobby and genuine love,. hobby or not

I despise the dodgy nature YouTube has become the last year's.

Which is funny considering they're sniffing around asking what can make their products better.
I thought they were asking what words would make their adverts better, totally different to actually making better products!

I thought they were asking what words would make their adverts better, totally different to actually making better products!
Like a politician running for (re)election - "Tell me what I can say to get your vote. Just don't ask me what I'll really do if I win."

That too. Like when e.g. MKBHD says a quote and Apple used it in their launch event the other day. Haha fishing, fishing, fishing..

Speak of the devil, this came in 1 hour ago.
This one Amazon won't even sell it, you have to buy it from Aliexpress.
This brand TIESFONG looks even worse than Wolfbox.

Screenshot 2023-09-17 1.24.30 AM.png
Teisfong .png

Search Teisfong in YouTube and you will see 9 of the best FAKE reviews of this camera. lol
Watched one channel K9 Dashcams and saw the other cameras he reviewed on there and almost threw up my dinner.

Speak of the devil 2.0

email.com .png

They even have a fake / paid review from Dick Dastardly himself;

Dick Dastardly .png

@Panzer Platform
Regarding question # 6, "What is your FCC ID# for all your dash cams?"
According to the FCC, Wolfbox (is listed officially as "Huzhoushi Dingchen Trading Co., Ltd") and has the Grantee ID code of 2A6WF. And the only thing that shows up is for their model i07. No other dash cams show up. I find that strange considering they have so many models.
@Agie
That IMX335 sensor on the G900, is that for both cameras (front and rear)? I could have sworn that I saw somewhere that it was using the IMX415 for the front, and the rear one was using the IMX335. Same as the Nexigo D90, but for the life of me I can't seem to find where I saw that. Thanks for the update. I do wish these manufacturers were more transparent though about their sensors.

@Panzer Platform
Regarding question # 6, "What is your FCC ID# for all your dash cams?"
According to the FCC, Wolfbox (is listed officially as "Huzhoushi Dingchen Trading Co., Ltd") and has the Grantee ID code of 2A6WF. And the only thing that shows up is for their model i07. No other dash cams show up. I find that strange considering they have so many models.
@Agie
That IMX335 sensor on the G900, is that for both cameras (front and rear)? I could have sworn that I saw somewhere that it was using the IMX415 for the front, and the rear one was using the IMX335. Same as the Nexigo D90, but for the life of me I can't seem to find where I saw that. Thanks for the update. I do wish these manufacturers were more transparent though about their sensors.
Would cost them too much to use 415 on front and 335 on rear (or basically cut into their profit margins), I saw a few reviews say it's 335 only for front. Pretty sure it's just 335 front only, and interpolated rubbish.

Have a look at this video.
I'm happy to answer questions honestly.
It is the classic uber scenario.
This is a Vantrue Nexus 5 or N5 with 4 cameras.
Thanks for the video.
It seems the infrared shows more details outside the car than a normal rear camera at night...lol
Anyone tried using a infrared camera as a rear cam on the rear window?
Also, I think you may have to clean your camera mate, all the faces looked blurry..lol :LOL:

Thanks for the video.
It seems the infrared shows more details outside the car than a normal rear camera at night...lol
Anyone tried using a infrared camera as a rear cam on the rear window?
Also, I think you may have to clean your camera mate, all the faces looked blurry..lol :LOL:
The interior camera on the Nexus 5 / Nexus 4 Pro is decent, but the one on the A229 Pro takes it up another notch, I've found. Much prefer the Viofo's to the Vantrue's

Back