What memory card do you use?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dashcam recordings to memory card is enough even for Class 4 cards.
If you are transferring a lot of files from the card on your PC and time is a problem, you can spend more on high class, high end SD Cards.
I just want the cheapest and compatible Card and not waste my money on things I will never use. I am transferring some files maybe once a month and time and speed is not a problem 10 times a year.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
Dashcam recordings to memory card is enough even for Class 4 cards.
If you are transferring a lot of files from the card on your PC and time is a problem, you can spend more on high class, high end SD Cards.
I just want the cheapest and compatible Card and not waste my money on things I will never use. I am transferring some files maybe once a month and time and speed is not a problem 10 times a year.

enjoy,
Mtz

that may all be true, but the quality does matter. as i said sometimes the transcend card fails (only happened 2 or 3 times in 2 months, but i find that a lot). so i wouldn't say the cheapest is enough, unless maybe the best quality class 4 card is cheaper than a class 10 card :).

A quality card can be Class 2, 4, 6 without being wrote on it things like "mega-giga-ultra".

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
A quality card can be Class 2, 4, 6 without being wrote on it things like "mega-giga-ultra".

enjoy,
Mtz
so we agree :)

I alternate usage between 2 cards, the itronics card and a Sandisk Ultra, both 8Gig.
The itronics card is a class 10 (just) card... @ write speeds of 10MB/s .. see first graph.
The Sandisk is also a class 10, but has better performance. @ 26MB/s ..second graph. (off the chart)
I note no difference between the cards as they perform in this camera.

Attachments

• iTronics 8 Gig.jpg
    iTronics 8 Gig.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 215
  • SanDisk Ultra 8G.jpg
    SanDisk Ultra 8G.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 215
Yes, the quality of the recordings will be the same. And even with a lower class.
But the speed of transferring on your PC will differ.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
Yes, the quality of the recordings will be the same. And even with a lower class.
But the speed of transferring on your PC will differ.

enjoy,
Mtz

depends on your camera, mine has adjustable bitrate up to 15mb/s, I need to use a Class10 card if I want to support the max bitrate

I think you are doing a lot of tests. Set your maximum bitrate and try a Class 6 or even a Class 4 for some recordings.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
I think you are doing a lot of tests. Set your maximum bitrate and try a Class 6 or even a Class 4 for some recordings.

enjoy,
Mtz

lower speed cards will cause file errors if it runs low on system memory, has 1GB of RAM but there are still times when you will use the allocated buffer when using slower cards on max bitrate, not sure about there but here there's a $10 price difference between a 32GB Class4 and 32GB Class10 card, not something I'd skimp on for the sake of $10

SD Card 32 GB free shiping USA 20$

16GB and 32GB Class 10 SD Memory Card the 32 final is 30 gb 10 to 18 days shipping from usa the best price i have find in north amrica

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400389778297

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200677458823

fake brand name but it work for real

also SD card reader not the best model but do the job long shipping time but receive the product all the time
http://www.ebay.com/itm/170902352855

i go to Best Buy and Future Shop the price are terryble high price arround 45 to 68$ class 10
if it not in special

Hey guys
i've been using a sandisk ultra micro sd class 10, and get the "3 beep" error too.
i believe its the memory card heating up too much?
normally happens when i leave my car parked outside.
here in australia the sun is pretty bad.
does anyone know if its possible to get say a higher operating temp sd card? or do they even make one.

Thanks

sambo135 said:
Hey guys
i've been using a sandisk ultra micro sd class 10, and get the "3 beep" error too.
i believe its the memory card heating up too much?
normally happens when i leave my car parked outside.
here in australia the sun is pretty bad.
does anyone know if its possible to get say a higher operating temp sd card? or do they even make one.

Thanks

your card is rated to 85 degrees centigrade, likely higher than your camera is http://www.sandisk.com/about-sandisk/proof/

I noticed the lower speeds SD cards such as class 4 and class 6 are usually not high heat rated to 85°C. Is there a cheap 16 or 32gb SD card out there with a higher heat tolerance? I would like to purchase some cheap SD cards for heat stress tests.

Mitch said:
I noticed the lower speeds SD cards such as class 4 and class 6 are usually not high heat rated to 85°C. Is there a cheap 16 or 32gb SD card out there with a higher heat tolerance? I would like to purchase some cheap SD cards for heat stress tests.

if your recordings are important to you then why not use a decent card, false economy to skimp on quality I think

jokiin said:
Mitch said:

if your recordings are important to you then why not use a decent card, false economy to skimp on quality I think

I couldn't agree more! Quality video is the objective.

I have been looking around for SD card with high heat rated to 85°C. Finally, I bought a Kingston Ultimate X SD card. I have update the post here. ;)

I bought this for my TF2+ it's actually metallic and only cost me $49.

80mb/sec read!

ty5ebeqe.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Milamber said:
I bought this for my TF2+ it's actually metallic and only cost me $49.

80mb/sec read!

ty5ebeqe.jpg

This is a terrific and very fast SD card. The SD should be formatted to fat32 else it might not work on the DVR.

Do I need to format it weekly? I will format the sdcard via the camera which will be fat32

Back