What memory card do you use?

Milamber said:
Do I need to format it weekly? I will format the sdcard via the camera which will be fat32

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Strictly speaking there's no requirement to format, it's just preventative maintenance as a file error could cause recordings to fail

Milamber said:
Do I need to format it weekly? I will format the sdcard via the camera which will be fat32

I format my Samsung 32gb microsd class 10 card once every 3 months although the card have been in working order for months without a refresh. I would suggest you reformat the card periodically for example once every month or quarter or when you encounter broken files or data errors. It's really up to you.

I bought a Sandisk Secure Digital Card 32Gb Extreme HD Video SDHC (Class 10 - UHS1) today to replace the OEM 8GB card that came with my ITB 100HD, I will be giving it a run early tomorrow morning.

I ordered 2 SD cards and shipping is SGD5.

Taken from Seller's website: "Pay only one shipping fee for purchasing multi items among same shipping fee group items in a cart. "

So i guess it should be a flat rate of SGD5 per order .

Kampung said:
I ordered 2 SD cards and shipping is SGD5.

Taken from Seller's website: "Pay only one shipping fee for purchasing multi items among same shipping fee group items in a cart. "

So i guess it should be a flat rate of SGD5 per order .

Not bad. HowdU find that site anyway?

I use a sandisk extreme (or is it ultra?!) 32gb SDHC card in my 100HD. The 8gb card that came with it worked fine, and actually in an emergency due to a dying card, I use it in a DLSR camera at the moment without trouble.

iTronics stuff seems to be expensive but ultimately good quality kit.

Qoo site is quite popular in S'pore besides amazon.com

jokiin said:
Milamber said:

Strictly speaking there's no requirement to format, it's just preventative maintenance as a file error could cause recordings to fail

Or it could cause the card to fail and become corrupted and useless from that point on. It happened to me for unknown exact reasons.

Mitch said:
Milamber said:

I format my Samsung 32gb microsd class 10 card once every 3 months although the card have been in working order for months without a refresh. I would suggest you reformat the card periodically for example once every month or quarter or when you encounter broken files or data errors. It's really up to you.

Now why would anyone not heed the recommendations of the camera manufacturer? Maybe they actually know more than the end user and have a valid reason for their suggestion?

My $12 32GB MicroSD fake Class 10 (real class 4) came from Aliexpress and I posted some things here.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited by a moderator:
Mtz said:
My $12 32GB MicroSD fake Class 10 (real class 4) came from Aliexpress and I posted some things here.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz, thanks for sharing! I too have been wondering why this particular microsd card is selling so cheap. Card read-write speed is secondary, but does it have all 30+gb space for the 'imitation' 32gb card?

That particular card is a disaster card, until now. :lol:

enjoy,
Mtz

Without doing anything, Aliexpress will give my money back. Maybe they have complaints from other customers so they frozen the account and transactions.
Because Aliexpress is keeping the money for about 40-60 days, the buyers are in safe area if something is going wrong.

enjoy,
Mtz

Attachments

• Aliexpress.jpg
    Aliexpress.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 83
I'm using Sandisk Ultra 32Gb Class 10 microSD. Only 24,90€ :D

Back