What settings do you keep ?

Not sure where you're at. But I'm in Conneaut Lake Pennsylvania. We got some snow on the ground right now, it started coming in a few weeks ago but didn't get anything significant until maybe three days ago I don't remember.

Lol, yes that’s what I meant, if you activate both options or should then put you the right way round. Your T-shirt writing would read properly then haha.
I did end up mirroring the interior and rear. Also enabled low bitrate parking mode on a 6hr timer w 90 sec timer before enabling. But this is what my settings look like now, probably end up being permanent barring any app / firmware changes.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211201/a19151ffdb6e08d589de2870f6c5699e.jpg

Not that this part matters, but I even got the BT button for easy lock trigger.

Last edited:
Right now I seem to keep things about as basic as they come without changing very much. But I kind of want to play with parking mode a bit, so I'm curious... For those of you that do have parking mode or whatever set.

How do you have everything programmed ?

Attached is an image of my current settings, before anybody asks... How the hell did you do that in one shot. It's called scroll capture on an Android phone.

But I'm hardwired in w one of those voltage kickers... figured why futz w a 12v plug, hiding that wire and still losing a socket.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211130/4a71baa0f93c086bcfdf5afa442eb360.jpg

I strongly recommend against 10 minute loop recording. 3 or 5 minutes is highly suggested. You are setting yourself for failure if your sd card ever glitches. As generally, the larger the file, the more chance of corruption. And we know Murphy's law, it's bound to happen at the least convenient time.

12.2 is the recommended voltage cutoff. 50% battery.

Last edited:
Each to their own, but thx...

Murphy's Law applies whether it's one minute or 10 minutes anyway... laws of chance don't exactly diminish.

Edit; I will admit I did set 5 min but mainly for ease of transfer times to my phone.

Last edited:
Each to their own, but thx...

Murphy's Law applies whether it's one minute or 10 minutes anyway... laws of chance don't exactly diminish.

Edit; I will admit I did set 5 min but mainly for ease of transfer times to my phone.

The chances of an error don't diminish with smaller loop times. But the amount of footage you lose will be reduced if a file were to glitch. That was my entire point.

Mine's hardwired too. I use low-bitrate recording for parking with the HWK set to 12.2V and the timer set to 3 hours if memory serves me correctly; might be 4 hours instead. Anyway it cuts off with the timer, not the HWK. Other settings are pretty much normal/default.

Phil
Could you explain me please, why you use HWK and timer on the same time?
What is the sense in it?
If the battery voltage drops and the parking mode turns off - fine. But if the battery is good enough to record, why do you stop it and loose accident recording that can happen 15 minutes after the 3 hours you set up.

Last edited:
What is the sense in it?
If the battery voltage drops and the parking mode turns off - fine. But if the battery is good enough to record, why do you stop it and loose accident recording that can happen 15 minutes after the 3 hours you set up.
They perform different functions, one protects your battery and one decides how long you want to record for.
I use voltage cut off and a 1 hour timer, that covers most of my parking in random places but admittedly not all but also means my card stores more days of footage before overwriting. If I ran to the voltage cut off every time I parked I’d have a lot of nothing and also not drive enough to fully recharge the battery.
Also you can’t have the parking mode without hwk which then automatically has a voltage cut off level.

What is the sense in it?

A voltage cutoff tells the hardwire kit to power down the camera once it reaches a specific voltage.

12.4 - 75% Car Battery
12.2 - 50% Car Battery (Recommended Setting)
12.0 - 25% Car Battery (In Polish Winter, You're walking home. Car may not start)
11.8 - 0% Car battery is dead

A timer tells the camera to shut off after so long. Maybe 1 hour, 2 hours, etc. Not based on Voltage.

Last edited:
Thank you for answers :)

How long does it take to overwrite the 256 GB SD card for low-bitrate parking mode, 2 cameras variant?

Thank you for answers :)

How long does it take to overwrite the 256 GB SD card for low-bitrate parking mode, 2 cameras variant?

This question is too open ended to have a specific answer.

1. Is the front camera 1080p? 2k? 4K? Is the regular recording set to lowest or highest bitrate?
2. Card record both normal recordings and parking. So then it hinges upon how much of the card is filled with regular recordings versus parking.

I assume you drive your car, and don't leave it parked outside every day in parking mode 24 hours a day. The Voltage cutoff on hardwire kit would turn off camera long before the SD card filled up. If you don't drive your car, the car battery doesn't recharge.

Basically, it all depends on settings. I can get a couple days of regular driving + parking mode depending on my driving and parking habits utilizing a 256GB card.

What is the sense in it?
I believe I was the first tester to have a HWK so of course I used it. At that time with it set to 12.2V I could get about 16 hours recording time. Unfortunately my battery is in poor condition now, having died 3 times completely from me leaving headlights on and twice more from leaving too many cams on for too long. That setting now gets me 4-5 hours. My van is never parked in any unsafe places for more than at most one hour, so a 3 hour timer is plenty. I did test it at other settings and for some months used a 12 hour setting. I'll go back to that after I replace the van battery but until then I'm just being gentle with it.

Phil

Back