What temperatures can this sustain?

1 hour in 100F heat will create internal temps up to 172f (72C). This happens sometimes here in FL. Will the unit shut down if it gets hot? Has there been any issues with solder joints at these temps?

No issues reported, we've shipped quite a few of these to Texas/Florida, etc. (no problems)

Last edited:
I might be pointing out something that may be obvious (my apologies if so): the "storage" 70 degree high end of the range mentioned is in Centigrade and this is 158 degrees Fahrenheit ... the "people" scale used in the US.

So, if the inside of your car at the windshield gets to 150 degrees (Texas and US measure in Fahrenheit), the -20 to 70 C range should suffice, I think. But, I don't have any personal experience yet with dash cams though, so ... check it out for yourself.

Also, the operating temperature high of 60 degrees Centigrade is 140 degrees Fahrenheit ... so, while driving, might be good to turn the AC on ... certainly for the people in the vehicle anyway! :)
:)

1 hour in 100F heat will create internal temps up to 172f (72C). This happens sometimes here in FL. Will the unit shut down if it gets hot? Has there been any issues with solder joints at these temps?
Welcome necrodiety :) It has been very hot for sure in FL this year. No problems with heat for my SG9665GC

Excellent. I ordered at Amazon a few days ago. Can't wait to start capturing all these idiots on the road here. :)

Excellent. I ordered at Amazon a few days ago. Can't wait to start capturing all these idiots on the road here. :)

Yes, indeed! Am awaiting delivery of one ... they are popular and have been back-ordered! :)

My teenage son - newly licensed - has already experienced stupidity on the road literally in the first few days of his driving on the highways around here. I was with him both times, and it was not his fault in the slightest!

So, his car (actually my wife's) gets the first camera - I will get one in my car soon too.

Z

I just saw this posted online and thought I'd share.

SaCWHNb.png

Reactions: szh
My order arrived on Friday! :) Unfortunately, I had to travel out of town on a business trip on Saturday, so it will have to wait till I get back to get installed and tested ... :(

My order arrived on Friday! :) Unfortunately, I had to travel out of town on a business trip on Saturday, so it will have to wait till I get back to get installed and tested ... :(
Good luck! Solid camera that also comes with great support. I actually put mine in my carryon often and use it in rentals. Makes a nice conversation piece as well in airports :)

Yikes, that is hot! :(

I have to be in Phoenix on business travel in a couple of weeks ... hope it cools down by then.

While reviewing my videos, I noticed that my GPS was acting weird the past week. There would be couple of times it works fine, several times no or erratic GPS signal. Now it's not working at all. Upon investigating, I noticed that the cover of the GPS had lifted off the base. Pushing the cover back down does nothing, just pops back up. The base however is still firmly attached to the dash via the supplied 3M VHB tape. Could this be a heat related issue? It's not Phoenix hot but it's been in the 90's here in my area. Can this be fixed or do I need another GPS module? I apologize for the large image, first time posting an image.

20150818_122704.jpg

We've changed up the GPS modules a few times since we first we launched the product. A replacement is no problem. Please PM shipping address and you'll receive the latest batch.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
alexsoll SG9665GC 9
Back