What the heck is this?

parklawn

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
DR32. Innovv C2, C3 A118C
Skip to 2.30

Saw this red vehicle on the road today, not sure what it is, looks like a DIY project.

Looks like a Diahatsu Hijet or Suzuki Carry or similar JDM ute, they made them for quite a long time for the Japanese market, we used to have them in Australia also

hijet-90-93.jpg

IMG_2894-1024x768.jpg

That's exactly what it looks like. Never seen one before. You sure are on the ball :)

That's exactly what it looks like. Never seen one before. You sure are on the ball :)

not so much, just we have them here and I was a motor mechanic in my early worklife so have seen a lot of cars, I'm sure there's people here that still wouldn't know what they were either, they're starting to get collectible too these days as there's not so many around anymore

Man, I want one!

I see less of the vans each year, when I'm back home.
207801568_d82a4b3c91.jpg

Man, I want one!
Don't hold your breath. I've been wanting one for years (UTE in general) I have even asked and asked Ford, VW, GM, Subaru, No one wants to bring over or back a UTE style vehicle here.

They use them in the US a little on some large industrial sites, like large power plants. (instead of golf carts,etc) I see them for sale in Texas, and some other places, but rarely see one on the road in US.

http://www.ulmerfarmservice.com/

I sat patiently watching 2:30 of nothing, just to see a little red pickup. It's nice to either edit the video before posting or add a note to say "jump to 2:30" or whatever.

I sat patiently watching 2:30 of nothing, just to see a little red pickup. It's nice to either edit the video before posting or add a note to say "jump to 2:30" or whatever.

I guess you missed the first line in the post that said Skip to 2.30

all that aside, registrator viewer is really easy to use for cutting down clips like this. doesn't require installation so you can run it on a windows pc where you are not an admin.

all that aside, registrator viewer is really easy to use for cutting down clips like this. doesn't require installation so you can run it on a windows pc where you are not an admin.

I don't have RV but I think I will have to get it.

Back