"What the hell did you think you were doing?"

Actually, I lied. I made a mental note of the plate, the one I know is a different reg (saw it this morning).
Interestingly, three spaces away was a white one!

I don't know about you guys, but whenever I see these cars, I can't help thinking
noddy_magical_car_270.jpg

Interestingly, three spaces away was a white one!
Thought they were all green!

Or:
peter-falk-1.png

At least they have different plates, the British equivalent from that era are the 300 Japanese market Rover 220 Coupes that have consecutive plates N ??? FDH with the majority in blue.

IMAG0153.jpg

That's a bit different though, although the roof comes off it is not really open top motoring and instead of a leisurely 75bhp they gave it 200.

Nigel, the first one is a 1959 Peugeot convertible, Model 403. The French only produced 504, two of which were owned by Peter Falk's (Columbo) production company.

Thought they were all green!.

What a strange day. Saw another two, a green one same as in the vid - less than half a mile from that roundabout (different plate though). At the other end of town, a white one with, what looks like, a vinyl roof following the line of the blacked area around the rear screen.

I fired off an email, complaining to my local council's transport department regarding signage at roundabouts. I explained that, although the highway code seems clear enough for the majority, there are a minority who still seem oblivious & so maybe additional signage might help - big arrows on the road perhaps?
They replied today

Dear [Sludgeguts], thank you for your telephone call to our Contact Centre and I apologise for not replying to you sooner. I’m sorry to hear of your frustration of other road users who do not use the roundabout in the way that it has been designed to be used. I’m sorry to say their not much more we can do to this roundabout which will involve extra signage and lining. All I can suggest is that you anticipate that there are other road users that do not know how to use roundabouts.
I’m sorry I cannot be more positive in this matter.
Many thanks,
Clifford Marshall
Local Area Technician
Transport for Buckinghamshire
Corrib Industrial Park
Griffin Lane
Aylesbury
Bucks HP19 8BP
0845 230 2882

It's hard enough anticipating all the loonies out there at the best of times - but we now have to expect everyone to be out to get us?

It's hard enough anticipating all the loonies out there at the best of times - but we now have to expect everyone to be out to get us?
I always regard all other drivers as morons anyway :p

Frank

I always regard all other drivers as morons anyway :p

Frank
To be fair, not all - but certainly a majority nowadays.
It's as though they immediately forget half of what they learned when they pass their test.

Quick update.
Our insurance company seem to operate in the dark ages. There is no other way to submit an accident report other than to ring up and spend half an hour trying to explain to some brain-dead bimbo what happened.
The insurance company cannot watch the video on YT as their system doesn't allow.
So. Today we got a letter. The other party claimed they were in the right hand lane to turn right and I hit their back therefore I am wholly to blame.
Somebody seems to have missed out the bit where they approached a roundabout in the wrong lane, intending to go straight over - in direct competition with the bus next to them who was also going straight over.
My boss rang them up and told them - I am not to blame, we have video which clearly shows I was in the correct lane, the the exit lane isn't wide enough for two cars, let alone a car and a bus (which is some 18" wider) and their customer has 'conveniently' left out some of the facts.

Another damned good reason for installing a dashcam?
Also, had I installed a rear-facing cam in the bus, it would clearly show how the woman came out from somewhere way back & put her foot down - overtaking me, at speed, up to the roundabout. Another case of 'I don't want to be stuck behind this long queue so I'll use the wrong lane'.

I hope they see sense - and the vid of course!

Frank

...spend half an hour trying to explain to some brain-dead bimbo what happened.
That's why brain-dead bimbo's are only good for...

Hope you get it resolved.

Quick update.
Our insurance company seem to operate in the dark ages. There is no other way to submit an accident report other than to ring up and spend half an hour trying to explain to some brain-dead bimbo what happened.
The insurance company cannot watch the video on YT as their system doesn't allow.
So. Today we got a letter. The other party claimed they were in the right hand lane to turn right and I hit their back therefore I am wholly to blame.
Somebody seems to have missed out the bit where they approached a roundabout in the wrong lane, intending to go straight over - in direct competition with the bus next to them who was also going straight over.
My boss rang them up and told them - I am not to blame, we have video which clearly shows I was in the correct lane, the the exit lane isn't wide enough for two cars, let alone a car and a bus (which is some 18" wider) and their customer has 'conveniently' left out some of the facts.

Another damned good reason for installing a dashcam?
Also, had I installed a rear-facing cam in the bus, it would clearly show how the woman came out from somewhere way back & put her foot down - overtaking me, at speed, up to the roundabout. Another case of 'I don't want to be stuck behind this long queue so I'll use the wrong lane'.

This sounds like a chapter from the novel Catch 22 (I may be thinking of another title).....the facts have no bearing on the case, "it falls into a certain category, this is all that matters".

That's why brain-dead bimbo's are only good for...Hope you get it resolved.

I really wish u guys would stop referring to my ex in this way.

It's possible that, as this is a commercial policy, they are used to cars taking the wrong line past large vehicles & so simply pay up - they won't be used to managers actually taking the time to contest the 'facts' & certainly won't be used to having video footage to back up a claim.

The other party claimed they were in the right hand lane to turn right and I hit their back therefore I am wholly to blame.
I would agree with that, except that at the point of the accident there is no right lane which makes it a lie and thus insurance fraud. She should now expect her insurance to refuse to pay for the damage and should start worrying about a potential court appearance! Obviously your insurance isn't going to pay and it must be in her insurers interest to not pay too if they have an excuse.

I'm surprised she's not seen this video yet - thanks for letting us know how things are going and I hope it all works out for you!

I'm surprised she's not seen this video yet - thanks for letting us know how things are going and I hope it all works out for you!
I forgot to tell her I had a dashcam & the whole thing was to be on youtube as well as being sent to insurance.:D

How's this one working out for you mate?

I wonder if "Tommy J" is the husband? He's certainly all fired up about something!
"It's the correct lane you idiot, the driver of the Audi should find this video and charge you for any damage. If they were going to turn right into Broad fields then that's the correct lane, the left is for the both lanes going forward. They have even marked it now with the right lane completely to go straight on and left into Quarringdon. "
And, despite my answering this with links to Highway code AND appended highway code, the moron still asserts I am wrong!
It's no wonder there's so many problems on the roads when people can't follow the advice printed clearly in the rule book!

Back