What to buy? Git2 or SJ5000x Elite

Cornel

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hi everyone,

I know this is a hard and difficult question and mabe a bit dangerous, but what is the best camera to buy in your opinion?

The Git2 of the SJ5000x Elite?

I am really thinking of buying one of these 2, but i do not know which to buy.

Mods: you can change the topic if it is not in the right place

I thought this is comparison video while I saw the title in taptalk.
If you ask for suggestion, better to let other users to reply.
As I know, the Git2 have below advantages:
1. Smaller, GoPro Size.
2. Support External MIC
3. Support Wrist Remote control
4. Support G-sensor
5. Better UI?

I thought this is comparison video while I saw the title in taptalk.
If you ask for suggestion, better to let other users to reply.
As I know, the Git2 have below advantages:
1. Smaller, GoPro Size.
2. Support External MIC
3. Support Wrist Remote control
4. Support G-sensor
5. Better UI?

Thank you i changed the title, you are right!

I really like my git2. Have a git1 as well. Great cameras. The remote is awesome to have instead of trying to reach and press buttons on the waterproof case with gloves on. Dont have a 5000x obviously, gitup does really well on their cameras, its all I need. And the UI is really simple and smooth to use.

I really like my git2. Have a git1 as well. Great cameras. The remote is awesome to have instead of trying to reach and press buttons on the waterproof case with gloves on. Dont have a 5000x obviously, gitup does really well on their cameras, its all I need. And the UI is really simple and smooth to use.

from what I've seen from both manufacturers if was wanting either of those I'd definitely go with the GitUp cameras over the SJCAM

This is a copy paste from my post from another forum:

What you have on GitUp Git2 features and hardware compared to the other two:

R8ddjk.gif

- more natural, better colors and overall image quality
- white balance lock
- exposure lock
- white balance and exposure lock
- white balance custom settings
- metering
- G-Sensor
- up to 31 characters for user logo on video
- hyper-time-lapse (1F/10min.)
- external microphone
- great, maybe too sensitive, audio
- remote control
- 100% GoPro accessories, you can find anywhere or locally
- RAW photos (SJ5000X added this in latest firmware)
- video snapshot
- hyper time-lapse
- shutter speed
- quick capture for video and photo
- better 16MP IMX206 CMOS which more expensive
- better english menu strings which for me means respect for users
- not advertising as fake 4K even it is recording at the same 2880x2160p (4K horizontally interpolated) resolution as the competitors. 4K is not just a resolution but the image quality expected by the users.
- real 170 degrees view angle (SJ5000X angle is smaller, maybe 150 degrees, check attachments

What you don't have right now on Git2:
- APP
- just 2 FOV compared to 4 FOV of SJ5000X Elite (FOV is just a digital zoom)
- bitrate option
- just 3 audio levels compared to 8 (can hear 8 differences?) of SJ5000X Elite
- so many LED turn OFF option like on SJ5000X Elite (added in latest firmware release)
- bigger LCD for SJ5000X Elite 2" vs 1.5" (for sure this can not be increased because is hardware component)

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
hey @Mtz - great comparison post. I'm basically researching the hell out of the git2, and so far I haven't found any other action camera I like. My gopro hero hd 1 is showing its age, and the git2 seems like the best choice so far.

question - i've read in many places that the git1/git2 cameras can fit the sj4000/sj5000 batteries. the chargers are compatible for sure. have you attempted to swap batteries between your Git2 and SJ5000X Elite and see if they work? I'd assume a 900mAh from the SJ4k/SJ5k cameras would result in slightly less runtime in the Git2, but I have seen 3rd party battery vendors such as Wasabi and XCSource that may increase runtime... but I haven't seen any reviews of these batteries. FWIW, I've always heard great reviews of the Wasabi Power batteries.

Thanks!

Yes, I used SJCam batteries into the GitUp cameras, but not carefully tested which is better.

Wasabi, XCSource or any other can not be more than real 950-1000 mAh. To increase the capacity is needed to be increased the battery size, over some value the xxxx mAh is just advertising.
The only think maybe can happen is that some battery from SJCam or GitUp from some user to not be so good as any battery from Wasabi or XCSource which I expect to be better tested because they are making batteries. SJCam and GitUp are not making the batteries so they can not be 100% that all their batteries are perfect.
I just hope GitUp is using a battery produced by some quality company, not chinese style like searching how to lower the costs just to offer a better price, destroying the quality of a product.

enjoy,
Mtz

The reason why I went on Git2 over SJCAM is:

1. Support - SJCAM support is poor, I mean really poor. No pre-sale or after sale support.
2. Frequent firware updates. As I can see, they add new features often. Plus, update is easy job
3. RC remote - BIG advantage

I am not a pro user, just a regular guy reading forums posts and watching YT to make decision.

I read something online stating that Gitup Git1 and Git2 batteries were only 730mah? How can we confirm this?

What is the difference? You will need spare batteries either way. They are cheap so no need to worry about capacity.

I read something online stating that Gitup Git1 and Git2 batteries were only 730mah? How can we confirm this?

if they are and they are the same size as the SJCAM batteries then they would also be the same capacity, size is going to determine how much capacity is available

i was met with the same dillema up until today. I wrote this in RCForums so im gonna copy it straight over.
After many sleepless nights analysing every single footage i could find online, i felt that the Gitup GIT2 was the better choice for me. unfortunately i had to sway away from the SJ5000x Elite for the fact that the sound wasnt as crisp as the Gitup actioncam. i know some people are probably not phased by the muffled sounds of lower end microphones on an actioncam but for me, its not only about using it for underwater purposes, its about using the camera everyday when i go out because its so easy to carry. even though there is a drastic improvement over the first batch, i felt that there is still a long way to go for the sound quality of the SJ5000x Elite. the colours on the SJ was also a little warmer than what i hoped for (not that i cannot be fixed via a firmware update) and the GIT seemed to do all those things right. the product is no doubt excellent but it just didnt hit the notes that i was hoping for. Only leaving feedback here because i know for a fact that you guys value input and are one of only very few companies who develop according to feedback. looking forward to seeing new products at affordable prices.

Yes, the only problem I see at GitUp is to not be possible to implement some request because of real limits. The user gitup is active on both forums, he have a big advantage to know english so good and listening people and trying to implement our requests which are reasonable. His biggest advantage over other chinese action cam is that he was starting with good hardware and I think he had many frustrating nights when he saw the competition is releasing cameras with same specs and his was not ready because was not satisfied because of hardware. Yes, is very good to be first to release new series, but not to put some components into a box, start selling it and after few days to see he put some bad components into that box just to be first.
And I hope GitUp will not release a new camera model each month.

if they are and they are the same size as the SJCAM batteries then they would also be the same capacity, size is going to determine how much capacity is available
I think GitUp batteries are a little bigger, @Nigel reported this.

enjoy,
Mtz

To say that SJCAM has Zero service is not true at all.

And we are also on the forums listening to SJCAM customers as well.

There have been 3 tests showing that the GitUp Git2 battery is not 730mah. If they cannot produce results that show 950mah, then they should change the labeling on their batteries.

We have had our batteries tested and the results show they are 900mah.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/are-gitup-git1-git2-batteries-only-730mah.15961/

yet the recording time on the GitUp cameras is 20% longer than SJCAM models, so the mAh rating doesn't mean that much in the scheme of things anyway

your own tests at 900mAh don't seem to match the results that others have achieved so I'm not sure you should be pointing the finger at GitUp when your own results don't measure up

we have 2.0" screens. the gitup screen is only 1.5"

anyways, we will let the consumer decide; and let SJCAM products speak for themselves.

But, there are "Several" things that affect the battery life.

Please take this into consideration when comparing different models with different specs.

instead of worrying about how big GitUp's batteries are you should be more worried about fixing your own cameras, you win no prizes trying to discredit your competitor when you have your own problems that need sorting, you'll earn more respect if you concentrate on fixing your products

Back