What to buy? Git2 or SJ5000x Elite

How exactly is providing accurate information dissing anything?

point is they weren't providing accurate info, they have their own problems and were too busy trying to discredit a competitor with made up stories, the guy that used to use that account got sacked anyway, has been gone a few months now, some of his marketing ideas were questionable to say the least

Perhaps we'll see if SJCam is as customer oriented as Gitup is! How many days for a reply?

I sent a request and got a ticket on Saturday 9th of July. It said to take up to 24h for them to answer. It's Thursday the 14th. I doubt I will get any response. Not what one would expect from a good customer support, right?

That looks like either a bad image sensor or ribbon cable between sensor and main board. If you're inclined you might be able to open the camera and see if you can re seat the imager connections at both ends and see if it fixes it. At this point you don't have much to lose, right?

Thank you for your opinion. I don't really know that much of techs. Just recently learned how to connect a new plug socket and stuff. You think I can open and fix it that easily? Maybe there's a video or something on Youtube. I'm forced to it due to the crappy customer support of SJCam. Gearbest offered me to send it back and send me the full price on my account if I sent it back according to the conditions. But I fear that it might be stopped by the customs or such thing. What do you think?

I'm considering buying a Gitup Git2 meanwhile for my coming rafting adventure. What do you say, community?

Thank you for your opinion. I don't really know that much of techs. Just recently learned how to connect a new plug socket and stuff. You think I can open and fix it that easily? Maybe there's a video or something on Youtube. I'm forced to it due to the crappy customer support of SJCam. Gearbest offered me to send it back and send me the full price on my account if I sent it back according to the conditions. But I fear that it might be stopped by the customs or such thing. What do you think?

I'm considering buying a Gitup Git2 meanwhile for my coming rafting adventure. What do you say, community?
If you have nothing to loose then it is worth trying to fix it, or get someone else to try, it is quite possible that it is caused by a loose cable, but I did have a look inside my Elite and it seemed that I needed to remove the lens before I could get to anything - it is not designed to be easy to service like a Gitup camera is.

The cost and risk of sending it back to China makes replacement by a Git2 quite attractive - tell Gearbest that you don't want to pay the postage and are concerned that it will be confiscated in customs and would like part of your money back instead, add what they give you back to the postage cost and you will have a good part of the cost of a Git2 which you can buy more locally.

If you have nothing to loose then it is worth trying to fix it, or get someone else to try, it is quite possible that it is caused by a loose cable, but I did have a look inside my Elite and it seemed that I needed to remove the lens before I could get to anything - it is not designed to be easy to service like a Gitup camera is.

The cost and risk of sending it back to China makes replacement by a Git2 quite attractive - tell Gearbest that you don't want to pay the postage and are concerned that it will be confiscated in customs and would like part of your money back instead, add what they give you back to the postage cost and you will have a good part of the cost of a Git2 which you can buy more locally.

This seems like an idea that might save my vacation. But still, this whole situation will stop me from buying from Gearbest or SJCam ever again.
All they offered me as a partly refund was 32$. The Git2 to arrive in time I must buy at the EU Warehouse of Banggood which would cost around 130$. This would make me pay another 100$ *sigh*. I got no luck with China. I thought it was better spending good money on good quality camera (SJCam) but I got dissapointed.

Consider all the options. If they will only give you a 32$ voucher code then you can always spend that on something else instead of a camera.

This seems like an idea that might save my vacation. But still, this whole situation will stop me from buying from Gearbest or SJCam ever again.
All they offered me as a partly refund was 32$. The Git2 to arrive in time I must buy at the EU Warehouse of Banggood which would cost around 130$. This would make me pay another 100$ *sigh*. I got no luck with China. I thought it was better spending good money on good quality camera (SJCam) but I got dissapointed.
Have you been online to EBay in the UK?
I bought my pro pkg. Git 2 with the case and accessories from a seller on EBay /U.S.who @ Gitup said was a distributor and it arrived in ten days! There was an option to get it sooner with add.shipping.
I was pleasantly surprised when they responded to my question within a few days. A reliable Co.

I have read that return shipping by an international carrier like DHL is a secure means of return to China!
True?

So,back to, too expensive to return a camera to Shenzhen!
There are plenty of sellers that rely on this as a deterrent, others that rely on cheap shipping methods 'never arriving'

In some cases products are prohibited items and don't make it there regardless, a lot of warranty and refunds never get completed as a result

Too many buyers here and elsewhere don't research and rely on others' experiences before they buy! It's unfortunate. If we did, declining sales would give impetus to shady operators to clean up their act!

I just figured that Banggood doesn't have the Git2 in their EU Warehouse.. thats bad. I must order today if I want the cam to arrive on time. What now?

thank you but besides that it doesnt even come with the additional wristband control, it is too freakin expensive. I've seen the lowest price at under 100€ once. New situation: I will just have to repair my Elite. It's all or nothing. Will try it with my brother tomorrow. If any of you have experiences with this and some tricks, please let me know. I saw a quite good disassembling video for a sj5000 model on youtube as an orientation.

thank you but besides that it doesnt even come with the additional wristband control, it is too freakin expensive. I've seen the lowest price at under 100€ once. New situation: I will just have to repair my Elite. It's all or nothing. Will try it with my brother tomorrow. If any of you have experiences with this and some tricks, please let me know. I saw a quite good disassembling video for a sj5000 model on youtube as an orientation.
I don't know the exchange rate, but have you checked eBay for the combo that includes remote and mic.I bought mine for 147 USD?

...but have you checked eBay for the combo that includes remote and mic.I bought mine for 147 USD?
In my link there is the only currently available offer from Europe. But too expensive :(

Back