WHAT'S HOT: For $100-150...

almaz

Reaction score
Country
United States
Heya guys,

I really wanna buy a decent Dash Cam. I even had 2 attempts, BUT both a complete fiasco.

First, I bought and returned 2 ($20, Amazon) unnamed ones:
- 2.5-inch HD Car LED IR Vehicle DVR Road Dash Video Camera Recorder Traffic Dashboard Camcorder - LCD 270 degrees

It just did not record any movies at all.

Second, I spent little bit more ($35, Ebay) and got K6000 that:

- Camera appears to be USED (Some wear like light scratches), but that was Ok
- It also has a POOR quality of video (for example, you can read the plates ONLY of the car in front of you)
- Finally it did NOT preserve Time and Date (It went to 00:00:00 and 12/01/01 after few short 3 min clips)

Now, I am reading reviews about DOD LS300W or LS400W, that I was about to consider, and something is telling me its NOT the best choice. Some ppl even say to stay away from DOD...

So, what really would you recommend for $100-150?

Thank you in advance,
almaz

Stay away from ls400w.
if you buy LS300W , is good camera , but support is very limited , authorised dealers will ask insane price , grey market i reccomend FoxOffer.
some videos for you of mine
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1773

Skip those chinese oem cameras you mentioned , they are headache and quality not worthy.
chinese very recommended is the DVR-047 i find picture quality trashy , plate cars is hard to disguise.

for 100-150 maybe the GT550W ? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1913 problem is not much know about if she had any problems yet , so quit complicated indicate.
GT300W is out of line now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your reply, GeorgesNJR!
Nice videos! I would say pretty impressive.

Don't worry about yellow text. You're not shooting family videos anyway! :D
Btw, I did not find it very annoying.

Anyways, I was going to go for LS300W until you mentioned GT550W.
Now I am thinking...

How about their specs?

TIA
almaz

Technically same was LS300W/GT300W , same lens , same hardware
pros it´s GPS Unit coming soon.
cons it´s new on market , can be a awesome Score .... or be a bomb like LS400W.

Hey GeorgesNJR,

Yeah, I would probably go with your's LS300W.
Does it have a "Awesome Score"?

Since LS300W support (DOD) is not really good, will I be able at least get a Refund if there will be something wrong?
Also how's support for GT300W?

Apart i feel abandoned at updates , depending on it leaks at internet
i am feel happy at camera quality no complains , just mount i will be getting a 3M Mount because the Suck cup is falling apart at hot days.
apart it no complains, no headaches yet whit the camera.
if you going Ls300W i recommend you get a Same MicroSD than mine , Samsung Plus 32GB Class 10 , the camera is Picky whit MicroSD´s.

I would personally recommend jokiin's A2S60 cam. It's what I have and is a fantastic cam.

For the time being I am not driving due to a bad cycling accident so I cannot provide any seriously recent footage but you may visit my youtube page for some footage. I can upload the RAW data for you as well if you wish so you can see the true abilities of the camera.

Newer camera's will be arriving on the market within the next month that will completely overshadow the best on the current market, just an FYI if you can wait it out. If you MUST have something now, I'd say get a jokiin cam or the LS300W. Solid cameras for the price you are looking at that wont have problems, and you can use them as rearward facing cams once the new ones come out so THEN you can break the bank on one of those. :mrgreen:

Please do non open exactly the same thread we already have with 170 post and 3700 views by today:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1876

Having similar threads where we discuss same thing will make mess and confusion between users and readers of the forum. No offence, but hope you understand me.

niko said:
Please do non open exactly the same thread we already have with 170 post and 3700 views by today:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1876

Having similar threads where we discuss same thing will make mess and confusion between users and readers of the forum. No offence, but hope you understand me.
I know AND I am terribly sorry about that. I saw it after I posted this.

almaz said:
niko said:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1876

I know AND I am terribly sorry about that. I saw it after I posted this.

No big deal. At the beginning it will take time to get to know forum.
We are here to help each other.

I have another question.

Do I have to buy them from FoxOffer?
Or Ebay and Amazon will be Ok?

almaz said:
I have another question.

Do I have to buy them from FoxOffer?
Or Ebay and Amazon will be Ok?

It's a free choice. Buying directly from vendor is cheaper, skipping "middle-man" like Amazon, Aliexpress or eBay, - those charging some small commissions, as you know. So same product on eBay would cost more that if buying directly. In some cases you can not find newest models on eBay. No worries about buying directly from reputable seller. They all accept PayPal, so you have a full protection.

Sorry for probably n00b question, BUT
How can I reach vendors of those cameras?

almaz said:
Sorry for probably n00b question, BUT
How can I reach vendors of those cameras?

you probably can't for most models, if you're looking at the LS or GT series cameras Foxoffer is probably your best bet

Smallest Ambarella Car DVR
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1001
(video demos on page 17 & 19)

This is the newest A2S60 model with OV2710 CMOS sensor & built in screen now

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product ... 74589.html
Ali seller Givoe, no gps, no internal memory, $88.20.

I just ordered the GPS model for $105 on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121132982864?ss ... 1439.l2649

Above average 1080P Video (day and night) for such a tiny stealthy DVR camera.

This is going to hold me over until Jokiin comes out with their wow factor camera in several weeks.

I have a K6000 and it works fine. Video is good, sound is not bad either and the date never gets forgotten.
But this model has many fakes. You can easily tell because most fakes have a green timestamp and the real one has smaller white font.
Also if you want to read plates, most dashcams won't be able to read plates of cars who aren't in front of directly adjacent to you.

JazJon said:
Smallest Ambarella Car DVR
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1001
(video demos on page 17 & 19)

This is the newest A2S60 model with OV2710 CMOS sensor & built in screen now

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product ... 74589.html
Ali seller Givoe, no gps, no internal memory, $88.20.

I just ordered the GPS model for $105 on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121132982864?ss ... 1439.l2649

Above average 1080P Video (day and night) for such a tiny stealthy DVR camera.

This is going to hold me over until Jokiin comes out with their wow factor camera in several weeks.

Very Promising!
But IMAO it has few CONS I mentioned here

Back