What's wrong with my video footage?

TomTomMan

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi all,
I have an Innovv K1 dual-cam setup on my bike, it was working well for around 6-9months, but now has start to get some pixelation or glitch on darker footage, as per pic below:

I've taken 2 quick snips from the video, where you can see it begin (in the garage) and then stop again on the road (as the sun starts to come up)

Is my camera knackered, or is there any exposure settings I should be looking at?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

Maybe water in the cable/connectors?

The 'psychedelic' effect is almost always due to sensor or sensor cabling problems with any cam.

Phil

I'll check the cabling again to see if there's any issues. On a motorbike it's obviously harder to avoid the engine and associated interference, but I'm getting this effect even without the engine running.
I've reduced the AE BIAS and it reduces the effect slightly, need to do another test drive this evening/tomorrow am and see what it's like.

Anything else to try and check the sensor?

Innovv are saying there are no replacement cameras available, and can't see any on eBay. Any other options to try and replace the camera?

the factory that made this for them has closed down, you won't be able to get spare parts

Back