Where did you mount the camera? Post your pictures

my windscreen wipers on my Honda Civic Hybrid (2009 model) don't reach the top part of the windscreen.
... Would using a product like rainx help?
It helps, but will only clear the screen really well at speed.
You can see parts of my windscreen unreached by the wipers here. I am wondering if I need to reapply my RainX though.

Dang, if I had known about this I would have saved a video from last week. My wipers DO reach where the cam is, but because I use rain-x I rarely need to turn my wipers on - unless I'm doing slower speeds. I can't pull from memory what the videos look like, but I don't remember thinking there was any issue.

Oh yes, and the RainX seems to work best with heavy rain, not light drizzle. Bigger beads of water will roll away, either up or down depending on speed.

That video doesn't look to good in that area.
Well, the only alternative I see atm is getting a suction mount and mounting the 0805 on there.
I think I will mount the camera to the windscreen tomorrow and get some rainx. I will post some video's of the result.

My old camera was mounted on a suction mount and was suspended about 10cm from the windscreen, it didn't have real issues (besides recording in VGA).

This is my A118 B40. Discreet and can't notice it from outside.

Attachments

• polocamera.jpg
    polocamera.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 108
First fitting position - to the right (passenger) side of the rear view mirror.
Wish I could have placed it upper to the ceiling and hide that wire but I need to have an ability to take it off for night.

Currently wondering maybe move it just below the mirror leg.
DSC_3915.JPG

As promised a update on my Mini 0805 mounting.
I placed it behind my rear view mirror. My windscreen wipers don't reach here but it isn't a big issue.
Yes the picture quality suffers from the rain, but the picture is clear enough.

Day: Link
Night with rain: Link

I still have to experience some heavy rain, but i think this mounting spot will work out.

Hi guys, here is how i mounted my mini 0806 in my car.
I used a quick release for camera tripods.
20150718_164310_zpsfihssigs.jpg

20150718_164301_zpshbdmogqr.jpg

rsz_20150718_164404_zpsdhec5avq.jpg

20150715_172925a%20-%20kopie_zpsthg3nwip.jpg

20150715_172443_zpsbkzzox3g.jpg

Hi Talbas, could you please point where I can purchase quick release for camera you used?
Any amazon or ebay link please?
Thank you!

Oh yes, and the RainX seems to work best with heavy rain, not light drizzle. Bigger beads of water will roll away, either up or down depending on speed.
I wouldn't drive without it, many years ago when I used to drive to work in Adelaide down the highway for about 10 minutes at 100km/h, I never used to use window wipers, water just came straight off, looking around at everyone else with their wipers on flat out, ive got a clear window without them.

RainX will work, for a while, but it will get dirty eventually unless you wash your car really often.

RainX will work, for a while, but it will get dirty eventually unless you wash your car really often.

I have the exact opposite findings. I once didn't wash my car for months (maybe even a year) because people kept running into me and I started to consider it a POS. I only applied Rain-X once that year and never experienced any issues, it perhaps was a bit more spotty than usual, but even then I typically only apply it 2x a year.

Behind the mirror and wires tucked into oem harness for a clean install. Managed to route the rear cam through the same harness!

fIQXohr.jpg

8FmgM9W.jpg

I recently bought an unused Mini 0805, which was an unwanted birthday present that a local man wanted rid of.

For only £25 I couldn't resist the chance to acquire my fourth dashcam at little cost, & so to join the '360° dashcam club'.

An SGZC12RC is on the windscreen, 2 Mobius cams cover side facing duties, & the 0805 is for the rear screen.

I prefer to avoid mounting the 0805 on a screen heating element, so I've mounted it on the underside of the high level rear brake light housing, which is part of the rear hatchback door.

I ditched the supplied power cable in favour of a 2 metre flat profile Micro USB to USB cable, which I previously used as a mobile phone charging cable. It plugs into the rear accessory socket via an Anker USB adapter. For reliability, the cable bypasses the 0805 mount socket & instead plugs directly into the camera body.

I've no use for GPS, so that's been disabled via menu settings. I selected resolution HDR 1920x1080 30p 16:9. EV has been set to 1.0 to compensate for the tinted rear screen, but may need tweaking. The card is a 64GB Kingston Class 10, formatted in FAT32.

Early days but the 0805 is working well. Good video quality. Nice form factor. Shame about the LiPo battery, however, if I get a year out of it before it fails I'll be happy, given how little I paid.

image.jpg

When hatchback door is open, the card slot is horizontal & facing outwards, so easy access to card for reviewing clips on my Android tablet.

image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
Mini 0806 at the top and SGZC12RC-V2 on the bottom
Foto_2016_01_12_18_00_31.jpg

---

SGZC12RC-V2 (Right) and Mini 0806 (left)​
Left to do is to go to my mechanic to mount the cable in a nice way. So I do not need to worry about the cable pinched when closing the tailgate.
Foto_2016_01_12_18_01_21.jpg

----
Main units in glove box
Foto_2016_01_12_17_59_55.jpg

----
Cellink B6 hidden under the seat
Foto_2016_01_12_18_02_54.jpg

---
Switches on/off
Foto_2016_01_12_18_21_02.jpg

Last edited:
White adhesive?

Received my SGZC12RC V2 from hiniko.com (thanks Nikolai, very helpful) and thought I'd just quickly show where I installed the main unit in my Honda Civic. I'm no expert on dashcams so there may be negatives to where I put it but it was an almost ideal spot as far as I can tell. It was a bit of messing around having to take the center console out but was easy once I'd found a decent guide here that shows you how to do it (although you'll have to register to see the images it's 100% worth it). You'll also have to drill a small hole through the back of the compartment (a top corner is best) for cables but is easy to do and it won't easily be seen if you remove the unit when you sell the car, unless they get down on their knees and look right into the compartment, but it's at the top so won't be an issue anyway.

Just to note you won't be able to stick the unit down as there's no space to get your finger in to turn it on or off, plug in the memory card etc, but it's no problem for me just leaving it loose as it's a nice snug fit anyway and doesn't really move and it can easily be pulled out etc when needed as long as you've fed enough cable in when fitting the center console back. Also you can just shut the compartment door and nobody will know it's there.

civic2.jpg

civic.jpg

With the compartment door shut.

civic3.jpg

Back