Where do you put your navigation system?

Feitelijk

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Dash Cam
SG9665GC GT680W G90C GT300W
As I use the Cerebral Cortex navigation system which does not come with a suctionmount, as it's so heavy I'd fall right off, I am not familiar with the customs of people that use Garmin, TomTom or other systems but HELL why would you stick it there?!

I've seen that here a few times... I keep my phone in my pocket or in the cup holder and it talks to me via blue tooth. If I have to look at the actual map, them I'll pull over or wait till the next red light.

Mine goes as low as possible on the screen so the base is almost touching my dash. I enter all details before setting off, place it in the cradle/charging mount & go. No need to touch it again.

I see people who lose their driving licences because they have 'blind spots' caused by eye disease :(.

My car had an 'advisory' at its recent MOT because an air freshener was hanging from the rear view mirror (it was a gift from my children, I felt obliged to use it ;)).

Small chips in the central windscreen can mean an MOT fail and new screen required at great expense.

Yet these ridiculous individuals get to whack a whopping, distracting and glare inducing monstrosity on their windscreens right in their central field of view and the powers that be just turn a blind eye (sorry, unpleasant pun not intended) :mad:.

Nothing makes sense anymore :confused:.

Today i was at the police turning in the raw material of that guy i caught overtaking on the right on bicycle paths and sidewalks, less than 1 week after media exposure and suddenly my case was top of the priority list :p

Cant blame the police, its the dumb ass lawmakers that's to blame, first they cut the police force ( as things are getting worse here too ) and then they decide to "close" the Danish borders, and since the customs ppl there was laid off decades ago thanks to open EU borders then police had to pick up that task along with the civil guard and what not.

It seem the latest trend here is throwing stuff of bridges onto cars, started a good month ago when someone was killed by a 30 kilo stone thrown onto a car doing 130 km/h
And worst of all most claim ( kids will be kids ) but hell no, i myself was a pretty stupid kid, but not so stupid i was trowing stones onto fast moving cars, there is pranks, and then there is mortally stupid.

I don't get my fellow countrymen voting for those sick bastards ( parties and ppl ) that's up at elections here. :rolleyes:

My small ancient Nextar GPS sits on the dash of my van where it obscures almost none of my view of the road. Right now it's on a suction-cup mount but I'll get a lower-profile mount in there this weekend. No upgrades since 2006 are available since TomTom bought them out, so new roads may not be on there and reconfigured intersections drive it crazy, but otherwise it gets me where I need to be. Not installed till I need it since I know my way around these parts quite well. It's only problem is glare so I'll have to configure a sunshade for it.

What PO's me is seeing the idiots who have the largest unit they can afford displayed prominently, blocking their vision hugely and destroying their night vision by having it lit brightly. There are a lot of people who are essentially a waste of oxygen, and all I can do is pray that Darwin catches up with them soon before they hurt somebody other than themselves.

Phil

Call me crazy, but since my van has no rear windows, and hence no central rear-view mirror, I put my sat nav where you would normally find that mirror.

I must be doing it wrong. Putting it directly in your line of sight must be so much more efficient. Think of all the head turning I do needlessly. That guy is a genius. :confused:

I see people who lose their driving licences because they have 'blind spots' caused by eye disease :(.

My car had an 'advisory' at its recent MOT because an air freshener was hanging from the rear view mirror (it was a gift from my children, I felt obliged to use it ;)).

Small chips in the central windscreen can mean an MOT fail and new screen required at great expense.

Yet these ridiculous individuals get to whack a whopping, distracting and glare inducing monstrosity on their windscreens right in their central field of view and the powers that be just turn a blind eye (sorry, unpleasant pun not intended) :mad:.

Nothing makes sense anymore :confused:.
You took the characters right out of my keyboard!

I use my smartphone gps such as google maps or waze mounted on a "magic mount" stuck on my dash above the center console. I got the mount from walmart

Back