Where would I be able to get a GPS receiver for this dashcam?

checked with who you bought it off?

does it have GPS settings in the menu?

it's Novatek based going by the screen shots so could possibly follow the same protocols used by other Novatek based cams that use the common GoTop GPS solutions, couldn't say for sure though

I have sent an email to Taotronics just earlier but no answer yet. It doesn't have GPS settings in the menu. Yeah looking now at a random Novatech camera it does have the same menu system and you can buy a separate GPS module. Though difference is that there is a GPS option in the Novatech whereas mine does not so it might be something they thought about doing and it didn't go ahead in the end? I don't know, I'll wait for their reply.
Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
Yeah I was thinking that was the case. No firmware available from the looks of it though. I'll just wait for the email reply or I'll just leave it. I bought it knowing it didn't have GPS so I don't care much really. I just thought it would be something good to add onto.
Thanks.

I accidentally ordered a version of a cam without the gps option and found it could not accept a receiver. I suggest you confirm without doubt before buying one.

I received a reply in the end. They said that they will be bringing out a GPS module very soon. Time will tell I guess.

I have sent an email to Taotronics just earlier but no answer yet. It doesn't have GPS settings in the menu. Yeah looking now at a random Novatech camera it does have the same menu system and you can buy a separate GPS module. Though difference is that there is a GPS option in the Novatech whereas mine does not so it might be something they thought about doing and it didn't go ahead in the end? I don't know, I'll wait for their reply.
Thanks for the reply.
I am current in charge of the product. GPS module will be in market on Feb.

Back