Which Dashcam should I buy?

Ruben15121997

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hello, good morning everyone. I hope you're all doing well. In two months, I will be receiving my new car, a Mazda CX-30, and I want to install a dashcam. The most important factors for me are video quality (4K, 2K), price-to-quality ratio, and a rear camera. I have the following options in mind with their prices.

1. Viofo A129 Pro Duo 4K 220 € --> A129
2. Viofo A229 Duo 2K+2K 218 € --> A229 DUO
3. Viofo A139 Pro 284 € --> A139 PRO
4. 70 mai + Cámara trasera 104 € --> 70MAI

These are the four that I have in mind, the price difference between the 70mai and any of the Viofo models is more than 100€, which initially wouldn't be a problem for me as long as the Viofo is better. If you can help me, I would appreciate it. Thank you very much and best regards.

Hello, good morning everyone. I hope you're all doing well. In two months, I will be receiving my new car, a Mazda CX-30, and I want to install a dashcam. The most important factors for me are video quality (4K, 2K), price-to-quality ratio, and a rear camera. I have the following options in mind with their prices.

1. Viofo A129 Pro Duo 4K 220 € --> A129
2. Viofo A229 Duo 2K+2K 218 € --> A229 DUO
3. Viofo A139 Pro 284 € --> A139 PRO
4. 70 mai + Cámara trasera 104 € --> 70MAI

These are the four that I have in mind, the price difference between the 70mai and any of the Viofo models is more than 100€, which initially wouldn't be a problem for me as long as the Viofo is better. If you can help me, I would appreciate it. Thank you very much and best regards.

Your prices shows a significant difference from the Viofo to 70mai.
There is another Viofo that you didn't mention A129 PLUS DUO DUAL CHANNEL DASH CAM FRONT 2K 1440P + REAR 1080P WITH WI-FI GPS DASH CAMERA
Unfortunately it also seems to be about $100 AU dearer than the 70mai.

From a price point the 70mai Pro Plus+ A500S Car Dash Cam Auto Recorder Built-in GPS ADAS 1944P DVR Dual Vision 24H Parking Surveillance 140FOV Updated model looks like great value.
I notice it has a battery which might become a problem if you live in a hot climate.

I have a A129 Duo (the old version) and a T130 with the higher resolution (same sensor as the A500s) and internal and rear dashcam's, which is great for total coverage but it does come at a cost and many say they don't need the internal footage.

I haven't tested an 70mai first hand but from some youtube videos I've seen it looks great and it includes a built-in screen which is my preference.
Updating the firmware looks a little fussy as you have to download the app and then create an account before you can get access to any firmware updates. Then you need to connect to your dashcam so the app can update the dashcam.

Hope that helps you out.
Cheers.

In the link you supplied for the 70mai the photo that shows a long road and a huge mountain in the background is completely fake. Unfortunately this is not the only company that uses fake photos and photo shop photos.
1683084341100.png

Back