Which fuse tap do I choose.

ryan83

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi,

I purchased a A229 Pro 2ch dashcam, yet to arrive.

With it I purchased a “HK4 Hardwire Kit Cable For T130 Dash Camera with Type-C USB Port”.

It says I have to get a fuse tap, I’m confused about which type I have to choose between standard, mini, micro and micro2.

Will standard be correct?

The type of fuse taps (you'll need two) depends on the type of fuses in your car. You'll have to locate two fuses/sockets in the fuse box to use for the HK4 power (one providing constant power and one providing switched/accessory power). Whatever the fuse type is that fits in those fuse box fuse sockets will determine the type of fuse taps to purchase.

The type of fuse taps (you'll need two) depends on the type of fuses in your car. You'll have to locate two fuses/sockets in the fuse box to use for the HK4 power (one providing constant power and one providing switched/accessory power). Whatever the fuse type is that fits in those fuse box fuse sockets will determine the type of fuse taps to purchase.
Do I need to purchase the fuse taps or can a auto electrician provide it?

Most hardwire kits come with fuse taps

Do I need to purchase the fuse taps or can a auto electrician provide it?
I believe any auto electrician that installs equipment like dash cameras and radar detectors will likely have fuse taps available to them. It's worth a call to make sure.

Most hardwire kits come with fuse taps
The VIOFO hardwire kits (by default) do not come with fuse taps. VIOFO recently started offering their hardwire kits with fuse taps, but it depends on which version you order from their website.

1701681065615.png

Back