Which model is the latest and greatest from SG?

scotched

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey all, I'm new to the forum - but I've been mulling over various dashcams for the last 6 months. This forum and the various YT reviewers have been a great help so far.

I'm set on StreetGuardian as a brand, but the model structure/naming is beyond confusing.

I'm looking for the newest of the 2-channel systems (which come as a pair) - and I wanted to know which amount of memory is sufficient (or if I should buy my own memory instead?)

Thanks for the help.

SGGCX2PRO+ can add a rear camera, SG9663DCPRO comes with the rear camera, performance wise they're the same, just the features are a little different

@Street Guardian USA looks after US market sales and can help you further

This is what is confusing me. One would think that there would be a dual-channel option "package" with the latest improvements, but this is not the case?

I compared that list earlier. The differences I see are: dimension, power jack angle, weight, screen size and fps. I definitely want the option of 60 frames.

The takeaway I'm getting is: Get the SGGCX2PRO+, and then buy the extra rear camera?

This is what is confusing me. One would think that there would be a dual-channel option "package" with the latest improvements, but this is not the case?
well the DCPRO comes with the rear camera as a package, X2PRO it's an option as not everyone wants a rear camera, or they want to choose the type of rear camera

60fps is only in single channel mode, 30fps will out perform 60fps in low light though so 60fps isn't always an advantage

...The differences I see are: dimension, power jack angle, weight, screen size and fps....
Weight difference is really not a consideration at 1 gram. Likewise the screen size as you're likely to only use the screen for selecting options, set up, etc. versus viewing videos.

One important factor to consider is the 'DC' has the cable connectors on the side while the X2PRO has them on top. This can make a difference in your installation - the 'DC' can be fitted closer to the top of the windshield but will need more horizontal space and will require some 'clear space' on the right of the camera to allow for the cables.

God, I wish all forums were as sharp as this one. You guys are knowledge and on point. SG has earned my business at this point.

1. My car (MR2 Spyder) is 90% daily driver, and 10% road racing + autocross. While I do care about front-facing quality footage, I DO realize that 30fps front and back is more useful for daily driving+ night driving (I'm not racing at night). I may also go with another exterior system in conjunction with this one for track.

2. I'm glad DT MI brought up the connector angle of the DC, because windshield space is exactly my biggest limiting factor. I need to view as much as possible on blind right turns.

Last question: If I were to buy the SGGCX2PRO+ AND SGR291 instead of the SG9663DCPRO, am I losing any functionality or specs? It seems like this is the option with more value (double the memory for less than the cost of the DC)

Last question: If I were to buy the SGGCX2PRO+ AND SGR291 instead of the SG9663DCPRO, am I losing any functionality or specs? It seems like this is the option with more value (double the memory for less than the cost of the DC)
smaller screen and no wifi, they're otherwise the same

It's ordered. Can't say it feels good to spend $300+ on something I never hope to need, but maybe I'll make use of it in an entertaining way.

Is Streetguardian still using the same SD cards in 2019? I ordered the 400gb version from Amazon.

It's ordered. Can't say it feels good to spend $300+ on something I never hope to need
Indeed it is a little problematic just looking at it from a accident / liability stand point, but the little cameras also capture some cool or fun stuff now and then.
So with a dashcam you can say " i saw this sweet ?????? today" and you will be able to back it up with video or a frame grab if you have a dashcam.

Do yourself a favor and make it a habit of using the event button to lock events, having to use memory to find a event are a pain compared to the locked files in the "RO" folder of a event + single photo to narrow the exact time down.
I cant belive how stupid i have been using the memory approach for so many years, only excuse are older cameras dont do event as well as new ones, a new dashcam you dont have to rush to the event button, like you have to do with old cameras as they only had a few seconds of buffer.

I live in an area where supercars and barely running vehicles share the same traffic. You get an interesting mix of oblivious drivers and aggressive drivers.
A driver yesterday drove on the opposite side of the road, just to beat the yellow light, and we were all sitting in traffic. This was final straw that got me to buy the dashcam.

Thank you scotched for asking the very same questions I had in mind to the members of this forum. As a result I just purchased the Xpro2+ with the SGR291 along with a samsung evo plus 512GB card. From all the reviews I have saw SG has hands down the best support team in the dash cam market place to date.

Thank you scotched for asking the very same questions I had in mind to the members of this forum. As a result I just purchased the Xpro2+ with the SGR291 along with a samsung evo plus 512GB card. From all the reviews I have saw SG has hands down the best support team in the dash cam market place to date.

All good. So far, I haven't had any issues after installing and I don't need to think about it. I've gotten some pretty interesting footage and use the RO (Big Button) to capture it.

My only real complain/regret is that I did not purchase the 3-wire kit in the beginning. If there was an option to add it at a small discount (instead of the standard 2-wire) with the original purchase it would save some extra work. I hardwired the original 12v cig adapter by cutting/stripping it as it is.

Not a common issue it’s covered under the 2-year warranty though

As far as this thread topic goes, the latest and greatest SG product is the SG9667DC2K

I have sort of the same issue with a viofo camera ATM, of the temperature are just above freezing it is fine, but if it is just -1 deg C then getting it to boot as it should is problematic, the system are 3 channel and in the past days i have driven with the rear camera disconnected, but that do not help on the issue.
same go when i have gotten it to boot, any other stop on the same day ( without car getting very cold again ) there are no problems, it is just on the very #1 start of the day the issue might be there.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S SGGCX2PRO & SGGCX2PRO+ 2
Back