which one to buy: ls300w vs. panoramaii vs. vico tf2

ramtsi

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hi guys, after using the dvr207 for a couple of weeks now I can no longer accept its low video quality. As an emt I find myself driving under risky conditions which the 207's low video quality can not fully record (mainly night time driving and audio recording).

After doing some research I prefer one of the following dashcams:
a. ls300w
b. panoramaii
c. vico tf2

With shipping prices to my country, these cams cost roughly the same. But to decide which one to buy is very hard. Main thing which concerns me is the mounting system - I prefer a suction cup, but I'm not sure which camera comes with this option.

Thanks a lot for your help!!!

Panorama II can use any mount / brackets from GS1000 dash cams. I tested with suction mount, ball-joint for 360 degree rotation.

It cheap, 4.20usd shipped:

Or if dont need rotatable ball-joint, then this one: ( 6.13usd shipped )

545936629_250.jpg

as jokiin metioned, LS300W is not in the same class and it can not be compared to higher end dash cams ( like panorama2 ). It losing at night:

Vico would be closest to PanoramaII at night, but due to lower bitrate you see more noise:

Also if you are good in DIY, then you can do your own mount / bracket, something like this:

DIY Magnetic bracket mount holder instead of 3M tape

"Blindfolded" Quick Mount-dismount Magnetic Bracket, Holder

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you for your help!! one more thing, I have a micro sdhc + sd adapter, will it be compatible with the panoramaii?

thank you for your help!! one more thing, I have a micro sdhc + sd adapter, will it be compatible with the panoramaii?

It should as long as it's Class 10.

I saw a promo video that shows SD cards have twice of the life of MicroSD cards.
(Jump to 0m50s) I'm not sure how accurate that is though.

It should as long as it's Class 10.
Not true! Can be even class 4.

All my cameras have MicroSD inside SD Card adapter because I consider SD Card almost dead and I am not buying them from 2 years.

And I don't believe that SD Card advertising from the above video.

enjoy,
Mtz

Not true! Can be even class 4.

All my cameras have MicroSD inside SD Card adapter because I consider SD Card almost dead and I am not buying them from 2 years.

And I don't believe that SD Card advertising from the above video.

enjoy,
Mtz

Class 4 supports R/W of minimum 4MB/s. However, cheap or fake cards won't even have 4. So get a proper card and test first with application called h2testw. Some very good Class 4 will be slightly higher than 4. Now remember that some cameras record at 15771 kbps total like LS430W. That's 2MB/s. Most are a bit less to a lot less like 0.75MB/s.

Class 4 MicroSd is fine but not the cheapest one.

My Vicovation WF1 alerts me with "memory record error" message when I tried the Sandisk Class 4 card. (same card that works in my mini 0801) It's happy with the new Sandisk Class 10 card though.

Vicovation Customer Service said:
"FAT32 is the format for your SD card. And please kindly notice that you have to use Class10 Micro SD card so that it won’t have any compatibility issue."
(this was when I was having trouble updating the firmware of an older Beta model)

The 3 comparison videos seems to paint the bottom one as best, but I like the top right (LS300W) more than the top left?

I thought the LS300W was in fact very good both day+night? It's currently at the top of my list - but I'm not afraid to spend more on something else if it is indeed better? I.e. the blackvue is pricier but does NOT appear to be better?

The LS300W looks good enough to me as well. PanoramaII is cool though, for wide FOV and more sensitivity range at night.(if that's what you want)

LS300W price is nearly to the Panorama2 price, - in this case it is much better to skip few pints in the pub ( save a little bit ) and buy Panorama2.
If you would go for same dash-cam GT300W ( non-branded LS300W ), then of course last mentioned one is good enough.
My late tests show that the best value for money is VF300W ( ca. 70usd ). - it is nearly the same as gt300w / ls300w by video quality.

Back