which one to buy?

delacruzjeff

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Im considering getting a dash cam for my second car.

My options are:
- mini 0803
- g90 a70
- gt680w

I currently have the gt680w on my first car but the nught video seems ti be grainy or too noisy. It could've just a faulty unit which i am trying to deal with Foxoffer.

Anyway, which among the 3 I mentioned would you recomnend the most or do you have any other suggestion? I dont need gps. I just need something that is good at night and at the same time during daytime.

Also state where is the best place to buy your recommended unit so it will come with latest firmware and updated components.

Thank you.

To be honest if you're not happy with the grain in the GT680W you may not be happy with either of those two.

The cleanest night picture I've seen yet is the DOD LS460W but that has other problems - the Panorama X2 is shaping up nicely though?

I just want a second set of eyes to see if my gt680 is acceptable at night time. But aming the 3 ive mentioned, shoukd i stick with gt680 or use a different dash cam?

I don't have the raw footage for these I don't think (I'll look) but this was the same scene on the GT680W and the G90 a7la30 version:

Niko has some perfect footage for you to check out here:

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/night-2-b40-a118-vs-panorama-vs-mobius-b-vs-mini-0803.6312/

And then Hilts has some more perfect footage for you here:

G90-7S (A7LA70 chipset + GPS) vs. Mini 0803 (A7LA50 chipset + GPS)

The G90 has other artefacts when HDR is turned on which you may not be happy with, and the Mini0803 is still the same sensor as the GT680W anyway, although a different CPU which has a different look to the video than you're used to with the GT680W.

Last edited by a moderator:
where is the best place to buy the 0803? i live in canada. also where can i get the g90-a70? Foxoffer i think have the a30 version on g90.

At the moment I'm thinking Kelvin @BlackBoxed.ca would be the closest to you for the Mini0803 ($119 CAD) - as for the G90 A7la70 with GPS you'd be looking at @JooVuu / @JooVuu.allen over in the UK right now (£79 GBP).

Check out the Panorama videos as well to see what you think as that's kind of the best you'd get from anything right now.

The first test samples of the Mini0806 are just about to start shipping so if you can wait a week or two it might be worth it as if it's better than the 0803 and less money than the Panorama you may want to look at that :)

I've got a G90 a7la70 due to land Friday if DHL get it out of China in time (it's stuck right now at customs) so I can do a side by side of the lower end version and the higher end :)

When I first got into dashcams I sent a couple back for poor night performance and it turned out they were actually good ones in hindsight (a Transcend DrivePro 200) - I still prefer the GT680W over that though when I look back at the footage.

Im not in a rush to get one right so i can wait. Good to know that theres a new 0806 coming out. I hope it has a lot of improvements. Thanks for letting me know.

@reverend let me know what you think about G90 a7la70 once you received it compared to Gt680w. I've heard lots of good things about the g90. have they fixed the sound problem on the first batch?

sound issue with the latest firmware on the g90 a70 w/o gps has not changed.

any news on the upcoming mini 0806?

any known problems i need to be aware off before buying the mini 0803? have they updated the wiggly mount? any firmware issue? added a heatsink?

Last edited:
Could be available in a few weeks, if history is any indication though it will take a while before you will see a stable product

yeah that's true... should i just get the mini 0803? i'm just wondering to get the latest version of mini 0803 with improved mount and added heatsink. or stick with the GT680W? or the new G90 LA70? too many choices... :)

yeah that's true... should i just get the mini 0803? i'm just wondering to get the latest version of mini 0803 with improved mount and added heatsink.
The current 0803 seems to have very few problem reports, much better than the early ones but even with the older ones the problems are DIY fixable. The cooling is still questionable if you live somewhere really hot but you can always DIY some extra ventilation!.

Cooling on the 0806 looks like it has been completely redone with plenty of ventilation, but I'm expecting that to be several months away, no timescale has been given.

I'm not sure the differences in dark performance between the mid range dashcams are big enough to be worth worrying about, other things should make the decision such as size, gps, reliability, focus issues in hot weather etc. The Mini 0803 does quite well in all those and the mount when it works is very good.

Personally I'd stick to what you have for now and save the money for something else with a different sensor.

Hopefully Rayman should get something up about the 806 today?

Done have some new cameras coming on their website which will have a better sensor than any you've listed :)

Expect to see some revisions to the housing which will help with cooling, design looks ok, OV4689 but not a lot else to note

Did you see them at the show mate?

I need to buy a second dash cam for my other car. I have the gt680w on the first car. Just looking at what to get on the second one.

Back