Which recording resolution get the clearest picture?

The A119S makes a good indoor security camera, just connect to small 6-8,000mAh PB and set Menu for normal recording or Motion Detection, then place in far corner. Record audio and video of Fake Buyers and bad Agents.
i only agree with you on a "far corner".
smile3.gif

"6-8,000mAh PB" is not a power bank, it's an imitation of it.
I bet you had a bad experience with a "PB" in the past that's why you suggest never use a PB for a firmware install while I (based on my experience) trust a PB more than a wall charger.
smile3.gif

i only agree with you on a "far corner".
smile3.gif

"6-8,000mAh PB" is not a power bank, it's an imitation of it. I bet you had a bad experience with a PB in the past that's why you suggest never use a PB for a firmware install while I (based on my experience) trust a PB more than a wall charger.
smile3.gif
Used 3 major brand PB one in my videos, all include power saving feature which senses low drain, usually when smartphone approaches full charge which triggers PB to stop voltage and prevent over charging. When I update firmware using these 'smart' Power Banks they all shutdown during second partition flashing which uses very low power. Power Banks which are 'dumb' can over heat and over charge and not worth risking fire in vehicle parked over night.

Since owners world wide have different Power Banks, I'd never recommend any procedure that has 10% risk of failing at most critical point during Firmware Update.

Used 3 major brand PB one in my videos, all include power saving feature which senses low drain, usually when smartphone approaches full charge which triggers PB to stop voltage and prevent over charging. When I update firmware using these 'smart' Power Banks they all shutdown during second partition flashing which uses very low power. Power Banks which are 'dumb' can over heat and over charge and not worth risking fire in vehicle parked over night.

Since owners world wide have different Power Banks, I'd never recommend any procedure that has 10% risk of failing at most critical point during Firmware Update.
describe a "second partition flashing" process please.

windows has never offered FAT32 as a formatting option for anything over 32GB, it's still an option provided it's 32GB or less

How very lax for a company like MS.

The A119S makes a good indoor security camera, just connect to small 6-8,000mAh PB and set Menu for normal recording or Motion Detection, then place in far corner. Record audio and video of Fake Buyers and bad Agents.

What a brilliant idea(y)(y)(y) Never thought of that.

Wonder why we all HATE estate (Reality) agents? As long as they get their cut they don't care.

Totally agree, the agents for the bungalow strongly advised the vendor to re list the property as soon as he heard about our buyer. However I had spoken to the vendor myself so he left it 'under Offer' for a few days to give us weekend to find a new buyer. (much to the annoyance of his agents.) We did find a new buyer with a confirmed offer so am still on track apart from a wasted 5 weeks because of the time waster.:mad:

How very lax for a company like MS.

for the purpose of a computer operating system then exFAT is a more suitable choice for larger drives, not really that they are lax, just that they use what's appropriate for their intended usage scenario

In real video you try to avoid FAT32 with it's limited 4GB or less file size. NTFs and EXFAT do not have this file restriction. EXFAT was developed for the larger SD cards. NTSC is better for fixed hard drives. There are plenty of devices out there that still only use FAT32, this all adds to the confusion.

Last edited:
In real video you try to avoid FAT32 with it's limited 4GB or less file size. NTSC and EXFAT do not have this file restriction. EXFAT was developed for the larger SD cards. NTSC is better for fixed hard drives. There are plenty of devices out there that still only use FAT32, this all adds to the confusion.

assuming you mean NTFS rather than NTSC, for the purposes of a dashcam file size limits aren't an issue as we break the files up into segments anyway

Recommend using highest Resolution the Dashcam supports, for A119S = 1920x1080, for daytime use 60fps for smooth slow motion place back/capture/edits or 30fps my favourite, night footage tests favour 30fps. Everyone has preferences but start with 30fps then compare clips yourself. Lens angle is very important for brightness, not too low or high, this also is User preference and limited by vehicle windshield slope and hood style.

Jokiin,
Yes I did mean NTFS so many abbreviations it not surprising people slip up from time to time. If you read my posting I said REAL video. In real video a file size of 4GB or less is a great nuisance. I was not saying that FAT32 is not suited to dashcams as no editing is normally required. It is just that with all options and 2 formats for SD Cards it is a newbie nightmare.

Well, spare time is in a little short supply at the moment. However I did manage to copy some video from the 119S using the FW emailed by dacbuc, FW A119S_180911_dac10.
Google Drive Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JOore9lMkNKjFE_qEMNiTQk7is8FFfHL/view?usp=sharing
Dropbox Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ynz9phwqt8ykysu/Viofo video 03 11 18.mp4?dl=0

Google Drive has been processing the video for hours so am trying Dropbox.
Media Info.
General
Complete name : C:\Users\me\Desktop\Viofo video 03 11 18.mp4
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media / Version 2
Codec ID : mp42 (mp41/isom)
File size : 1.01 GiB
Duration : 2 min 39 s
Overall bit rate : 54.3 Mb/s
Encoded date : UTC 2018-11-04 11:46:00
Tagged date : UTC 2018-11-04 11:46:00

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : Main@L4
Format settings : CABAC / 1 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, RefFrames : 1 frame
Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=30
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate : 54.2 Mb/s
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 30.000 FPS Odd should be 60FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.871
Stream size : 1.00 GiB (100%)
mdhd_Duration : 159133
Codec configuration box : avcC

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC LC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
Codec ID : mp4a-40-2
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 117 kb/s
Nominal bit rate : 192 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel layout : L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF)
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 2.23 MiB (0%)
mdhd_Duration : 159125

Last edited:
My post above gives the FPS rate at 30, whereas the original recording was 1920x1080 60PFS. I then used MS Film and TV program to 'Trim' the resulting video dropped from 60 to 30FPS. So in the earlier post #17 where it gives 30 and not 60 I thought I was ready for the men in white coats! I now see that the camera records and plays on my PC at 60FPS the MS Film & TV program removes half the recording and drops down to 30FPS and it seems that Avidemux 2.7 does the same. or maybe it's both MS Drive and Dropbox dropping the frame rate.
Just did the trim again and copied the new file to my Desktop, it went from 60 to 30, it seems that if I leave the recording alone and do not edit it it will remain at 60, however if I do edit it it then drops to 30FPS. :(

Last edited:
Just checked the 'properties' of the original recording:
Length 00:05:34
Frame Width 1920
Frame Height 1080
Data Rate 28385kbps
Total Bitrate 28481kbps
Frame Rate 60.00frames/second.

All seems fine then;

When 'trimmed' the frame rate halves and the bitrate nearly doubles. :eek::eek:
Any ideas or maybe I should get a pedal bike and a Box Brownie.....

@ajw1100
Use for trimming, gluing, deleting sound, the program Registrator Viewer (DATAKAM PLAYER)
Preserved original quality.

Thanks for the advice, I did look at this last night and comments on some forums, I think I noted somewhere it said the publisher had passed away so no updates would be made. I will have to have another look. The alternative would be Dashcam viewer, I will download after our return from holiday so can use the full free trial time!

Any ideas or maybe I should get a pedal bike and a Box Brownie.....
That cam is better suited for tricycles where the stability makes loading the roll film easier. With pedal bikes an Instamatic is the preferred choice, with the 110 models being more discreet than the 126 versions :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Registrator viewer is most excellent with the cams it supports. Vadim, the creator, was a genius in this kind of work but sadly none of his antecedants picked up this work, only leaving it where he last had it. DashcamViewer is the closest thing to R.V., with the entire program being tailored for dashcam usage alone which results in a much better product for most of us. If I felt a need for such a program I'd gladly pay the modest price to get DashcamViewer, and I'm both poor and thrifty to extremes ;)

Phil

That cam is better suited for tricycles where the stability makes loading the roll film easier. With pedal bikes an Instamatic is the preferred choice, with the 110 models being more discreet than the 126 versions :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Registrator viewer is most excellent with the cams it supports. Vadim, the creator, was a genius in this kind of work but sadly none of his antecedants picked up this work, only leaving it where he last had it. DashcamViewer is the closest thing to R.V., with the entire program being tailored for dashcam usage alone which results in a much better product for most of us. If I felt a need for such a program I'd gladly pay the modest price to get DashcamViewer, and I'm both poor and thrifty to extremes ;)

Phil

Totally agree, the 110 is far more easily camouflaged and hidden in the front wicker basket, should have thought of that.;)

When I am back from holiday I will try both programs to see which I prefer, the $25 is not too much to pay for a dedicated program. However I was surprised to find my videos were 'changed' by some programs with no indication of doing so.

hi!
I'm used A119s with official firmware 4.0, 19020x1080, 60fps, normal bitrate

Please, take a look on pictures:

Schowek01 (1).jpg

do you see these pixels ?

However... when car is stopped, picture is clear:

Schowek02 (1).jpg

What I can to do it?
Change to higher bitrate or change to modified firmware - 6vj or 6vg?

Thanks, brothers&sisters :)

Jacek from Poland

hi!
I'm used A119s with official firmware 4.0, 19020x1080, 60fps, normal bitrate

Please, take a look on pictures:
This effect will appear on difficult scenes (grass, foliage, tree branches, etc.), caused by encoding Kodak and not high enough bitrate, firmware with high bitrate will fix this effect.

Back