Which viewer software?

beaumont

Reaction score
Country
France
If, as many have said, the viewer software supplied with the cf 100 is not much good, what do people use?

I use a Mac...is there a version of the viewer I can use? I notice on their site they have a couple but none for the CF-100

Thanks. Just downloaded VLC.. Will see how it goes

I need advice on how to submit some video footage from my CF-100 for a police report showing dangerous driving.

Do I just copy onto my PC and transfer onto a thumb drive? Ideally I'd like to delete the audio content if possible. Will the police need to use VLC viewer or could I convert the file to a more common format?

Please note that I'm fairly technically challenged so anything complicated will be beyond me :(. Thanks for any advice!

Windows movie maker ..
About as easy as it comes ..
You can also use the record function in VLC , can be as easy as pushing the little red button whilst playing the video .
Or download a screen capture utility ( VIDEO ) .. Just play the video with audio disabled and record the bit you want ..
Lots of ways of doing it ..

Windows movie maker ..
About as easy as it comes ..
You can also use the record function in VLC , can be as easy as pushing the little red button whilst playing the video .
Or download a screen capture utility ( VIDEO ) .. Just play the video with audio disabled and record the bit you want ..
Lots of ways of doing it ..
those work great for single channel files, but the 2-channel files the CF-100 creates cause a lot of headache for most software. which is why i wrote that script in the first place.

here's a sample file - play around with it and see what you think. front cam was out of focus and rear cam adhesive lost its bond with the interior plastics once it got well below freezing... but it will be enough to show the issues you have with a 2-channel video file from this camera.

Last edited:
This site can’t be reached
ftp’s server DNS address could not be found.

This site can’t be reached
ftp’s server DNS address could not be found.
Try this:

FTP:// ftpguest:ftp@ftp.gibson99.com/array1/FTP/RawVideo/CF-100/20151231_132934_E2.avi

Just remove the space after the double slashes.

Looks like the forum munched the URL in my previous post by sticking HTTP in front of it.

Try this:

FTP:// ftpguest:ftp@ftp.gibson99.com/array1/FTP/RawVideo/CF-100/20151231_132934_E2.avi

Just remove the space after the double slashes.

Looks like the forum munched the URL in my previous post by sticking HTTP in front of it.

should work if you use the code function so that the forum software doesn't do its thing and break it

Code:
FTP://ftpguest:ftp@ftp.gibson99.com/array1/FTP/RawVideo/CF-100/20151231_132934_E2.avi

Ok ... Didn't see that ... Staying up too late .

OK VLC Player brings up two separate screens .. So you should be able to record them separately with VLC ..
I will give it a shot .

OK VLC Player brings up two separate screens .. So you should be able to record them separately with VLC ..
I will give it a shot .
Yeah, VLC will open the front and rear cam videos in separate windows but it seems to have a mind of it's own when deciding which video to open in the primary and secondary windows - at least the Windows version 'works' that way. :confused:

Ok , cant record them separately ...
Yes , no control over which is the primary video ...

But if you need to record one stream , then you may need to go to a screen recorder ...
I used OBS to record the screen ( Front ) with the Deer .

https://obsproject.com/ OBS is fantastic , but it requires a little setting up ...

Last edited:
TIP: If you are looking for an alternative for viewer (works with many if not most all dashcams). This is what I've used for years: http://www.registratorviewer.com/RegistratorViewer/index_en.html Unfortunately the programmer passed away so it likely will never be updated.. There are some flaws but the biggest part I love is that you can view up to 64X speed WITH AUDIO and is FULL SCREEN

Back