Why are dash cams not more popular ?

I think dash cams should be mandatory !
Too many accidents where Investigators are left scratching their heads wondering what the parking lot happen !
So if everyone is DEAD , they might be able to recover the video and decide who's family gets criminal compensation and who sucks it !

And if you drive so badly that your dash cam is going to hang you (?) , that might be a good thing !

Sounds too much like Big Brother is Us to me. Sousveillance systems should be voluntary.

At one of the parking lots at at work, there are normally the same two vehicles with dash cams. Both cylinder black vue types. A neighbour four houses down, all two of his cars have dash cams.

I count at least two on my 40 minute drive between extreme Eastern and Western Toronto. I think with some of the incidents that hit the news here, over the years, its motivated drivers to get one

I go to a certain Shopping center and Counted 6 Cams one day walking past about 3 rows of cars from where I parked ...
Sometimes I remember to look for dashcams , to see how many have them . But 6 cams out of maybe 100 cars (?)

Sounds too much like Big Brother is Us to me. Sousveillance systems should be voluntary.

Too late !
Big brother came and went , we are now at super nanny !
You might think you have freedom , but it is closely monitored .
Wont be too long before it will be like a super penitentiary ( Surveillance wise )

Too late !
Big brother came and went , we are now at super nanny !
You might think you have freedom , but it is closely monitored .
Wont be too long before it will be like a super penitentiary ( Surveillance wise )

I never said I think we have freedom. It's a question of whether you want to be a willing participant and pawn in the corporate surveillance state. I still don't believe people should be required to have cameras in their cars as you apparently do.

I think its not more popular for 3 major resins.

1. dont want to be bothered with it. I think a lot of people might think it's to complicated and something they dont want to have to deal with.
2. cost/value. kind of ties in with #1, think is cost to much and does not really give much value.
3. legal and privacy concerns. some people might have some concern over this and dont want to deal with it.

I still see a few of those cheapie Chinese dash cams that have the night light LEDs when driving. Obviously they don't look at the footage, as the night vision is useless. At least the LEDs make it look like something is working.

Crime rate over here in Melbourne, Australia is rising each year, and although CCTV surveillance is also increasing - it appears to me that the Gov't is sending a message that Individuals need to take more responsibility for their own protection. This means more Security and Alarm Systems in Houses ... and due to the rise in CarJackings, Road rage and accidents ... it is a good time to be in the Security business ... cause it's a no-brainer that future demand for these services will rise exponentially in coming years.

We live in desperate times

I never said I think we have freedom. It's a question of whether you want to be a willing participant and pawn in the corporate surveillance state. I still don't believe people should be required to have cameras in their cars as you apparently do.
Again too late ... We are already pawns ...
Question is , how much control do you want over your own fate ...
Cams in your car means you are ( relatively ) protected from BS . ( ??? Ones own BS )

Again too late ... We are already pawns ...
Question is , how much control do you want over your own fate ...
Cams in your car means you are ( relatively ) protected from BS . ( ??? Ones own BS )

No friend. When you are required to have cams in your cars rather than have them voluntarily, the government owns the footage. If you want to be a pawn, as you seem more than happy to do, you do that. Not everyone wants to be a willing sheeple.

Last edited:
^ Agree.

If you happen to be following when an accident occurs ahead of you ... it should be your choice to offer up your Video to Police ... not an obligation where you have to report it, and they have the authority to confiscate it.

I'm probably repeating an earlier comment or two, but on top of all the maniac drivers, there are many drivers who simply have very poor driving skills, and the last thing they want is their daily driving being recorded. Especially by themselves!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

That requirement would be a bad idea.

^ Agree.

If you happen to be following when an accident occurs ahead of you ... it should be your choice to offer up your Video to Police ... not an obligation where you have to report it, and they have the authority to confiscate it.
Absolutely

There is a certain obligation when operating a LETHAL weapon , and that is that it is done safely ... ( Those who are unsafe need to be removed from operating a lethal weapon in public )
Yeah , why cam cars when you can simply cam the roads (?) ( This is happening right now )
But yeah , mandatory cams in cars ... I don't see the problem unless people have something to hide .. ( What your rights would be ? )
I am not sure how much privacy can be invaded by a dash cam ? But certainly if it scares people then it must be the right way to go ...

Most people surely know that Mobile phones are a Back Door for the Gooberment to your Life/Activities ( Right ? )
Even your home phone can be used to eavesdrop ..
Data can be transmitted and received VIA electric power lines ..
So how hard would it be to use your Electrical goods against you ? When you can transmit VIA the homes electrical system ...
Every device you plug in is potentially a SPY device !
Do you realize just how easy it would be for your TV to be watching you , rather than just you watching the TV ..

The potential to end PRIVACY has grown exponentially in the last 20 years , and in the next 20 years NANO technology will make PRIVACY potentially impossible to maintain .
Privacy has become as much an illusion as civilized society ...

The number of dashcams i have seen in Danish cars are just exploded this year, so far this year i think i have seen 30 - 40 cars, and that's way more then previous years put together.
Only problem is most cameras i have seen have been POS cheap ones, but at least the will are there.

The number of dashcams i have seen in Danish cars are just exploded this year ...
Only problem is most cameras i have seen have been POS cheap ones, but at least the will are there.

Hahahahahahaha ... you get that.

Most folks I reckon try and get out of it as cheaply as they can ... and only after they've wasted their money somewhere between 3 and 5 times ... with they think .. I need to pay more and get a Quality one. It is like only 1 in 10 people are tuned into - Do it once and get it right ... first off.

Shame really ... cause while most folks keep buying the cheapies ... most makers of 'Quality' products go out of Business.

Yeah.
Last week at the gas station i even spoke to a woman that had her dashcam in the windscreen, but it was not plugged in, i assume due to the cigarette lighter in the console being used for other things.
I said well what good it it then ? and then proceeded to tell her to either get a splitter so she could have more 12 V lighter plugs, or if her things needing power was USB then get a multi socket USB charger.
Every one i speak to but have not yet gotten a dashcam but otherwise are interested i tell them to forget the cheap ones and buy a proper one, and go in here and research or ask questions.
And many acknowledge this cuz they have also seen the Russian videos with horrible IQ and that is not what they want.

Danes are cheap bastards, paying so much in taxes to get a diminishing welfare state, what ever else they want they want pretty cheap, except when its trendy designer things like fruit phones and silly expensive B&o televisions or audio equipment.

Just read today all Danes own 100 billion in back taxes, that's over 17.000 DKkr each :rolleyes: and that's just what the Danes owe, then come the 100 billion the tax system just give away to just about any one filling out a paper claiming to have sold Danish shares and so are due for a tax refund on stuff they newer owned or did :rolleyes:

If the world are not laughing at us they sure as hell should :p

Denmark ... When I think of Denmark .... I think of freeze your arse off ...and beautiful Women ... not necessarily in that order.
I guess just the Babes alone would make up for most of the Countries problems. I personally rate them No1 in the World... well, on appearance anyway ... maybe they look that way to be bait ... to lure the Men to them and eat them like Black Widow Spiders ... only you would know. You are obviously a survivor ... with staying safe a priority ... seeing you have Dash Cams and are in this Forum.

It's no wonder there are Car accidents over there with all the distractions walking around all Day.
Nice place to be taking Videos, I'm sure. Keep warm and stay safe.

Last edited:
Back