Why SanDisk not supported

saad5990

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is so weird because SanDisk is one of the most popular and reliable SD card manufacture in the market. More then 80% of the SD cards used by customers are from SanDisk so why on earth you have have in the specs of all of your dash cams on your website " Class 10 MicroSDHC card (8GB Min-32GB Max) *Please note that some cards may be incompatible- e.g., Sandisk"

I don't get this.

Experience ;)

Sandisk controller chipset is different to others, many cameras have issues with them, if you get a fault rather than marking a sector not to be used they can set the card to write protect instead which renders it useless and has to be sent back for warranty, great cards but not ideal for this purpose

Last edited:
The larger higher spec Sandisk cards seem ok in 2015, but the entry level budget cards are hit or miss. It's best just to avoid Sandisk to be on the safe side. Sandisk is one of the biggest faked cards for sale online as well.

Awesome I'm getting PAPAGO GS272-US GoSafe 272 Ultra Slim Full HD 1080P Dashcam with Transcend 32GB MicroSDHC Class10 UHS-1

What you think will I be facing any problem in Texas weather? I'm thinking of leaving it in the car 24/7.

I'm beginner in Dashcam looking for decent brand for road trip NY to TX :)

Thanks for the prompt response guys.

Last edited:
Awesome I'm getting PAPAGO GS272-US GoSafe 272 Ultra Slim Full HD 1080P Dashcam with Transcend 32GB MicroSDHC Class10 UHS-1

What you think will I be face any problem in Texas weather? I'm thinking of leaving it in the car 24/7.

Thanks for the prompt response guys.

If you're in a hot Texas summer climate, it might not last long term. It uses a Lithium battery instead of a capacitor.

yes I know what you mean. I have been reading a lot abt that. But as per the company spec (if they are true)

Operating Temperature 14°~149°F
Storage Temperature -4°~158°F

I don't think it gets hot then 94 in Houston. Also I'm thinking of doing one of those cool/heat residents tints.

yes I know what you mean. I have been reading a lot abt that. But as per the company spec (if they are true)

Operating Temperature 14°~149°F
Storage Temperature -4°~158°F

I don't think it gets hot then 94 in Houston. Also I'm thinking of doing one of those cool/heat residents tints.

Your car becomes an oven in just minutes after parking. (see image, texas will be worse) super-capacitor based DashCam products can eat the heat and are a MUST for long term 24/7 parking mode. Don't use a battery product. It will also wear out charging/discharging (limited cycles)

zoNiT9R.png

Wow. I didn't realize that. So what you recommend for weather like houston? I really don't want to spend more then 100 on Dashcam. I was kinda sold on papago with there customer service support and prompt firmware updates. I really can't find a good brand online there are so may copy and fake ones like GW1 and those mini 0805 idk it's so confusing.

Capacitors are more suitable than batteries, some of the Papago models do use capacitors rather than battery

Yes you are right model like GS110 but when you see there spec sheet they have the temp. Rating at the same level of the one with the batteries now if you go with non brand they don't even have temp. Ratings . I guess you just learn from using different cam.

Btw why is that the length of video is long on papago cam e.g 32GB gives hey 8-9 hours as per their website and some reviews on amazon while other cams only give yout 4-5 hrs . I mean I checked papago video samples on Ytube they look fine to me.

Temp ratings aren't spec'd lower or higher depending on battery or capacitor, real world results though mean that batteries are not as safe in hot climates

4 to 5 hours of recording to 32gb cards is pretty typical if the birate is decent

15Mbps is the sweet spot
12Mbps is minimum
Anything lower will give you more recording time sure, but the detail lost is not worth the time gain. It makes more sense to buy a bigger memory card, than lower bitrate.
If you are the victim of a hit and run at night, you're going to regret not having a high bitrate device to read number plates. (or make out detail in faces)

Back