Wife's dashcam has taken on the network name and password of my dashcam!

Stratus

Reaction score
Country
Australia
This seems bizarre but there must be an explanation or at least a fix. Early this year I purchased and installed 2 x DR750X Plus 2-channel dashcams. One for my wife and one for me. I could connect to either with the app in my phone using the unique network name and password of each. No issues.

Today my wife reported she could no longer connect via the app. I tried with my phone and was amazed to see that that the network name appearing was the same as that of my own car and used the same password but that on connecting the view is from my wife's dashcam. No matter what I did the network name of my wife's dashcam does not appear in either my phone or my wife's phone but mine did. (By this stage I had unplugged the dashcam from my car so that there was no way it could broadcast). Scanning the QR code or manually typing the network name and password from teh sticker of my wife's dashcam to connect to either of our phones doesn't produce results either.

To confuse things even more the network name of my wife's dashcam does appear as a Bluetooth connection. It pairs but cannot connect (which has always been the case and I've never worked out what is the Bluetooth functionality).

As a final step I deleted all software from my phone and reformatted the whole SD card. I then downloaded the latest viewing software and dashcam software. On inserting the SD card the usual voice message stated the software was being uploaded to the camera. The issue remains. I've used 2 different SD cards. One a Blackvue and the other the recommended Samsung.

You're not alone. I can't get into my Blackvue app. It doesn't even offer a login anymore.

Whoever at Blackvue who thought this new "social" interface was a good idea was obviously bitten by a good-idea fairy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230428-085952.png
    Screenshot_20230428-085952.png
    43.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20230428-090258.png
    Screenshot_20230428-090258.png
    71.5 KB · Views: 5
I came to the conclusion that I must have changed the network name and password of my wife's dashcam to that of my own without realising. Logical explanation but had me stumped for a while. There must be a way to reset the dashcam (including network name and password)...

Yup the update is annoying. No I don't have Blackvue Cloud and don't want or need it. So why do I have to click through 3 or 4 screens just to connect to the dashcam? It should be automatic.

You should be able to change the Wi-Fi information using the BlackVue program for Windows/Mac computers. Mount the microSD card from the dash camera on your Windows or Mac computer. Start the BlackVue program, click on the SD Card Viewer. Click on the gear icon which brings up the settings that are stored on the microSD card. Click on the "Firmware" tab and then the "Wi-Fi" tab. Make the changes you want for the SSID and Password and then click on the "Save and close" button. Exit the program and then unmount the microSD card from your computer. Put the microSD card in the BlackVue dash camera and power up the dash camera. It should pickup the changes that were saved to the microSD card. Activate the Wi-Fi on the dash camera (if not already on) and you should be able to connect to it using the SSID and password you selected when updating the values on the micorSD card.

1682726441226.png

Back