WiFi backup?

salawinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I'm new to the forum, and looking for a DashCam setup for my car. I am tech savvy, but still having difficulty with some of the terms, and the forum is providing a major help, but there is something I'm not clear on:

If a DashCam is WiFi enabled, could I connect to it via my home computer and download the videos?

My thought is that when the car is on the driveway it would be able to connect to my WiFi router, my computer could have a program running which looks for the camera being connected, and copies all the files off.

Is this possible?

Welcome to DCT forum !
If your "computer" is iPhone / iPad / Andorid, they yes, you can connect them to wifi of your dasham dashcam, but it has to be very close to your wifi router, because usually they don't have big wifi range.

Is this possible?
One would think it would be.. I purchased the Blackvue DR650 for this very function but sadly it does not work. Blackvue has recently included firmware that forces you to use something they call the cloud. It.. uses your vehicle's WiFi hot spot (which eliminates the bulk of its users) to transmit your data to the cloud.. where you then have access to it. The original WiFi feature was designed to work with a smartphone or tablet app (only). The best I can do with my laptop and home WiFi is to watch live view

Back