Working Firmware, 48 hr of 5 min looping

Ardea

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just received mine from Givoe, with 20130913 firmware. Device has no internal memory, and is "With gps". Incidentally Givoe supplied two gps modules. Fitted with Samsung class 6 32GB card.

All appears fine, have been testing as a houseCam for over 48 hours of 5 minute looping, with stop starts (by removing power simulate ignition on/off) powered by a mains usb supply plug.

One snag - the supplied usb cable is no good - will supply power, but does not switch device into usb mode when plugged into camera itself (ie not gps module) Luckily have spare, working cable. Exactly this problem with the Mobius camera which I bought a few weeks ago. Confusing but otherwise also OK.

I have the same "with gps" from givoe with the 20130913 firmware. I have been trying to upgrade the firmware but it doesn't seem to work as described. I put the bin file on the SD card then boot the camera but the camera just boots it doesn't ask me to upgrade. The reason I am trying to upgrade is because the auto power off doesn't seem to work. I have mine hardwired with a power magic pro. The camera never stops recording. I thought it would stop at the auto power off time and then only come on again if movement was detected.

I have the power magic pro configured to turn off if the voltage drops below 12V or if it runs for 120 hours without me starting the car.

and it doesn't turn off after 5 days of inactivity?

That is the plan but remember it is inactivity of "turning the car off". The power magic pro timer starts when the ignition is turned off so the 120 hours only comes into play if I don't start my car for 120 hours. It is not inactivity on the camera and my camera will never really be inactive because I have motion detection on so when the camera detects movement it records for a few seconds or a minute then stops recording. I put in the power magic pro so my battery won't die (in theory). If you search for power magic pro on youtube you can find videos that show how it works.

That is the plan but remember it is inactivity of "turning the car off". The power magic pro timer starts when the ignition is turned off so the 120 hours only comes into play if I don't start my car for 120 hours. It is not inactivity on the camera and my camera will never really be inactive because I have motion detection on so when the camera detects movement it records for a few seconds or a minute then stops recording. I put in the power magic pro so my battery won't die (in theory). If you search for power magic pro on youtube you can find videos that show how it works.

I know exactly how the power magic works, I misinturpreted what you wrote as the power magic not turning off rather than the camera not turning off, if you want to use movement detection the camera never does turn off, maybe you've worked that out already though going by your last post

I know exactly how the power magic works, I misinturpreted what you wrote as the power magic not turning off rather than the camera not turning off, if you want to use movement detection the camera never does turn off, maybe you've worked that out already though going by your last post

Yes, I think I have it all worked out. I'll work on updating the firmware to hopefully avoid the "IO error" I encountered.

I have the same "with gps" from givoe with the 20130913 firmware. I have been trying to upgrade the firmware but it doesn't seem to work as described. I put the bin file on the SD card then boot the camera but the camera just boots it doesn't ask me to upgrade. The reason I am trying to upgrade is because the auto power off doesn't seem to work. I have mine hardwired with a power magic pro. The camera never stops recording. I thought it would stop at the auto power off time and then only come on again if movement was detected.

I have the same problem when attempting to update the firmware. I copied the *.bin file to the root of the SD card, inserted the card into the camera, then turned the camera on but didn't receive any prompts to update the firmware.

I have the same problem when attempting to update the firmware. I copied the *.bin file to the root of the SD card, inserted the card into the camera, then turned the camera on but didn't receive any prompts to update the firmware.

Never mind. Wrong firmware version. Ignore me please :)

I am open to suggestions. I am using the GPS non 8GB firmware. I know I don't have the 8gb model because when I pull the card out it won't record I get the card absent message. I know I have the GPS model becuase I can get a GPS signal when I open the GPS setting. I tried formatting the card with the computer then copying the .bin file to the card then booting the camera doesnt install. I tried formatting the card with the camera turning it off then moving the bin file to the card and rebooting the camera doesn't install. I am not sure what else to do but I would like to get the latest firmware on the camera. any suggestions?

Back